Reporting to the NLCS Corporate Philanthropy Director, the Philanthropy Director is an integral position within the organization, serving as lead in all areas related to philanthropic programs at a specific National Lutheran Community and Services (NLCS) Community.
Designs, implements and/or maintains a comprehensive fundraising program including annual giving, major gifts, endowment and capital campaigns, fundraising events and other special projects of the NLCS Community supportive of and in accordance with the overall NLCS goals and objectives
Leads the planned giving program for the NLCS Community by identifying, cultivating and stewarding planned giving prospects/donors.
Prepare financial illustrations of proposed gifts.
Works closely with the Executive Director of the NLCS Community to make certain that the philanthropic programs are aligned with the goals and needs of each NLCS Community
Strengthens relationships with members of the Board of Directors/Trustees of the NLCS Community so that the board members can become partners in raising both awareness and financial resources
Develops close working relationships and provides guidance and support to congregations in the area primarily served by the NLCS Community
Establishes relationships with local businesses and vendors/suppliers
Facilitates effective communications and relationships with NLCS external constituencies by assuring high standards of quality, consistency and accuracy of all data
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Human Services or related field is required
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience with planned and major gifts preferred
• Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive image of NLCS
• Must possess strong written and oral communication skills; able to maintain confidential information
• Must be able to develop presentations and documents.
• Must have strong computer skills, including proficient in Microsoft Office and willing to learn the donor databases
About The Legacy at North Augusta
National Lutheran is doing something fantastic! We have created an amazing, genuine, and caring culture. Would you like to be a part of our We CARE team? We value our team members and strive to ensure they experience the same genuine CARE that we provide to our customers. Our team members embody the word CARE in every way—from serving seniors and families to interactions with one another.
What’s in it for you:
• A We CARE culture of creating smiles, attending to details, respecting everyone, and embodying excellence
• Frequent conversations with your coach/manager
• Competitive compensation
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to $4,000 a year)
Our full time team members enjoy:
• Generous PTO plan
• Medical, dental, vision insurance
• 403(b) with discretionary employer match
• Free use of fitness center and aquatics
If you are looking for a rewarding career in more ways than one, join us in setting the new standard for service with We CARE!