Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Advancement, the Annual Fund Director manages Plummer Youth Promise’s efforts to obtain financial and in-kind support to sustain its ongoing work. This position has broad oversight of and responsibility for all aspects of the annual fund including the cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship of individual, corporate and foundation gifts as well as the management of supporter and donation data. This position also manages the organization’s marketing materials and activities in accordance with Plummer’s brand standards.
Broad areas of responsibility include:
Leading the development team in the creation of an Annual Development Plan that is designed to meet the Annual Fund needs of the organization and includes a range of fundraising vehicles including but not limited to individual solicitations, direct mail, foundation proposals, monthly giving, planned giving and events.
Reporting to the Advancement Committee and assisting the Committee and Board with a range of development activities. Organization publicly, including occasional public speaking.
Conceptualizing and implementing cultivation, stewardship and fundraising events and activities
Identifying potential contributors, informing them of organizational needs and soliciting support for those needs
Ensuring appropriate recognition for all supporters
Drafting written materials and letters for development and marketing purposes
Supervising direct mail, monthly and planned giving
Working with a grant writer to select grant proposal opportunities to pursue and oversee a grant writer, ensuring consistency of messaging, accurate budgeting and persuasive presentation.
Identifying prospects and supporters with capacity for major gifts and work with the Director of Strategy and Advancement to foster and secure such gifts
Supervising social media
Supervising work with vendors such as printers and designers
Collecting and using data to inform decisions
Occasional public speaking
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years experience that includes management responsibilities, future-planning and budgeting. Excellent writing skills essential.
About Plummer Youth Promise, Inc.
At Plummer Youth Promise, our vision is that every young person has a family unconditionally committed to nurture, protect and guide them. We operate a number of programs serving young people in the foster care system. Every day we ask ourselves what it would take to make sure they have a family they can count on forever. We are committed to using data throughout the organization so that we can continually improve our own work and pursue strategies that are effective. We receive about 75% of our funding through DCF contracts and the remaining 25% (about $900,000) from philanthropic gifts.
Our development team is small but growing. We're fun, energetic, hard-working, detail-oriented and supremely committed to the Plummer vision and mission.