Title: Senior Coordinator, Foundation and Corporate Giving
Reports To: Director of Development
Work Schedule: 9:00am – 5:30pm ET, Monday through Friday
Nature of Position: This is a full-time, exempt position that includes full benefits.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Summary: The Senior Coordinator, Foundation and Corporate Giving works with the Development Department and other staff to meet PFLAG National’s fundraising goals. The position is responsible for researching, soliciting, cultivating, and strengthening PFLAG National’s foundation and corporate partnerships that result in grants and sponsorships to support PFLAG National’s mission.
About Us: PFLAG is the nation’s first and largest organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) people, their parents and families, and allies. With over 400 chapters and 200,000 members and supporters crossing multiple generations of families in major urban centers, small cities, and rural areas across America, PFLAG is committed to creating a world where diversity is celebrated and all people are respected, valued, and affirmed. To learn more, visit pflag.org, like us on Facebook (/pflag), or follow us on Twitter (@pflag) or Instagram.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Support the development of strategies for soliciting private, family, and corporate foundation grants and sponsorships, with the Director of Development and other relevant staff
· Develop well-written, impact-driven, story-focused, compelling grant proposals and reports for foundations and corporations, in collaboration with relevant staff
· Prepare acknowledgments and complete administrative duties associated with the research, preparation, and delivery of proposals and reports in a timely manner
· Coordinate most day-to-day communication with foundation and corporate contacts for the purposes of strengthening relationships, educating foundation and corporate partners, and increasing support for PFLAG’s mission
· Create, maintain, and update foundation and corporate contact records and track solicitation/prospecting status in donor database
· Build, expand, and maintain an internal calendar of grant proposal and report deadlines
· Work with relevant staff to brainstorm new programs for funding
· Assist the Development team and other relevant staff with special events and related tasks, including events which involve foundation and corporate partners and prospects
· Perform other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the Development Director
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in nonprofit fundraising or philanthropy
· 2+ years of experience in professional grant writing
· Excellent writing skills and interpersonal communication
· Well organized and detail-oriented with a collegial working style
· Comfortable working with remote employees
· Knowledge of donor/CRM databases
· Solid computer experience, including use of the internet, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office
· Experience with general office equipment, including network and desktop copiers, scanner, projectors, telephone systems, and video calls/meetings, among others
· Experience with Salesforce and/or Salsa Engage
· Demonstrated success in developing winning proposals and compelling reports for foundations and/or corporations with the ability and flexibility to meet quickly emerging deadlines
· Proactive in identifying and researching new foundation and corporate prospects
· Ability to effectively engage with foundation and corporate executives through site visits, meetings, calls, and events
· Ability to conduct interviews with staff, volunteers, members and donors for the purpose of integrating relevant information into effective proposals and reports
· Understanding of corporate diversity and inclusion practices
· Knowledge and experience with grassroots membership organizations
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work independently on a variety of tasks simultaneously
· Flexibility to travel, work evenings and weekends as needed, but rarely
Additional Salary Information: Salary range is $55,000-$65,000, commensurate with education and experience. This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union, Local 2, AFL-CIO. PFLAG offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, 403(b) with employer match and generous vacation.
Please send a resume and cover letter as PDFs to Maggie Ardiente, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About PFLAG National
PFLAG is the nation’s first and largest organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) people, their parents and families, and allies. With over 400 chapters and 200,000 members and supporters crossing multiple generations of families in major urban centers, small cities, and rural areas across America, PFLAG is committed to creating a world where diversity is celebrated and all people are respected, valued, and affirmed. To learn more, visit pflag.org, like us on Facebook (/pflag), or follow us on Twitter (@pflag) or Instagram.