The Database Manager manages: database and other information systems, records management, information and data processing, technology, adherence to proper regulations, workflow and process documentation, etc. The position also works in conjunction with the leadership team and staff to make changes to policies, procedures and workflows that will improve departmental and organizational efficiency. This staff member is responsible for coordination of donor data and information to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the database, overseeing data input & output and end-user support.
· Information Systems, Data and Records Management
o Manage the Raiser’s Edge Database:
§ Gift Processing:
· Collect, sort and identify, enter daily gifts accurately
· Manage regular downloads and imports of gifts made online
· Process batches in a timely fashion
· Produce receipts/individualized acknowledgments in a timely fashion
· Serve as lead for all gift and pledge reports and act as liaison with the Finance Department to ensure reconciliation, including monthly reporting and the annual audit
· Ongoing enhancement of reporting procedures between Development and Finance Departments
§ Pledge Maintenance
· Record pledges
· Identify and enter pledge payments and apply payments to appropriate pledges
· Produce and send pledge reminders according to schedule
§ Event Support
· Enter event registrations and event information in Raiser’s Edge when needed
· Produce mailing lists and attendee lists for events as needed for staff person in charge of event
· Assist with event preparation, logistics, and vendors as necessary
· Oversee and provide support for Blackbaud integrated and aligned fundraising tools, subscriptions, and services
· Generate customized and accurate queries, reports, and lists
· Analyze and track fundraising efforts with weekly and monthly reports to support the stewardship of new, recurring, and LYBNT donors
· Proactively identify and implement database modifications to support accurate recording and reporting; participate in systems analysis of donor database and related software
· General support of marketing and communications efforts
o Manage additional program and organizational systems, including (but not limited to):
§ Milk Bank recipients, donors and milk dispensation data (currently Timeless Medical Systems, Penelope Case Management software system)
§ Program services data (currently Penelope Case Management software system)
§ Ensure efficiency in launch of paperless environment for organization (DocRecord)
§ Various spreadsheets and other systems used by each department to manage global data
§ Paper and electronic file systems
o Trains staff in proper use and procedures of each database to ensure accuracy and consistency of data
o Assists departments with foreseeing and running data analytic needs such as reports
o Ensures data consistency within each system through data audit queries and global data changes as necessary
o Adheres to security and storage procedures to protect information in both electronic and paper form to adhere to all appropriate guidelines (HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
o Responsible for systems upgrades across the organization
o Participates fully as a member of the Development team
· Technology and Telecommunications
o Oversees employee training in software usage when necessary or helpful
o Works with all directors to evaluate and recommend IT solutions to ease workflow and make processes more efficient, productive and scalable
· Process and Workflow Efficiency-in conjunction with Directors
o Ensure proper documentation of key organizational and departmental processes
o Ensure cross-training of staff to mitigate potential loss of function in the event of turnover
o Specific focus on improving efficiency through the elimination of duplicated efforts, better utilization of technology of vendor partnerships and streamlined processes
Other duties as assigned or necessary for successful operations.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
No direct reports
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
· Database strengths are essential, Raiser’s Edge experience is a must with a strong preference for experience with ImportOmatic, Online Express and/or other Blackbaud or Blackbaud-integrated products
· Proficiency in database report writing, queries and exports
· Strong computer and technical skills
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills especially Excel, Word, Outlook
· Advanced proficiency data manipulation (Examples: using formulas, sorting, changing, analyzing, importing and exporting data while ensuring consistency and reliability of information) is preferred.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple sources
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment with strong communications, customer service, administrative, organization and interpersonal skills
· Ability to learn and adapt new skills and concepts
· Flexibility to work extra hours for development-related weekends and evening programs and special events
· Demonstrated ability in project management is preferred
· Strong ability to assess and solve problems – including identification of the cause and relevant information gathering to find a solution
· Knowledge of privacy of information guidelines (PCI, HIPAA, etc.) and implementation procedures is preferred
· Strong administrative and organization skills
· Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot day to day technology issues is preferred
Education or Formal Training:
· University degree or equivalent experience in a related field
· 3+ years of data management including Raiser’s Edge
· Experience providing technical and administrative experience is preferred
· 2+ years of non-profit development experience preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment
· Typical work takes place in an office environment
· Standard work week with occasional off hours work necessary for vendor supervision, work that would disrupt the working environment, special events or projects.
· Standing, walking, sitting, carrying, bending, reaching, and wrist and digital dexterity.
Additional Salary Information: Bonus of up to 10% of paid salary annually, competitive benefits packages, paid short-term disability, annual raises, 401k with employer match
About Rocky Mountain Children's Health Foundation
During a child’s illness or injury, his or her family is often faced with worrisome medical circumstances, as well as emotional and financial burdens. Many families have great need and are frequently economically disadvantaged or are under or uninsured.
With support from the community and several partnering individuals and organizations, Rocky Mountain Children’s Health Foundation will provide services to more than 5,500 pediatric patients and their families this year.
For many of these families it means they won’t have to be apart during their child’s treatment or that their child will securely ride home in the protection of a child safety seat. It also means that many families won’t have to choose between paying their monthly rent and purchasing food for their sick child.
Throughout the year, babies in NICUs will receive precious donor human milk, children will be matched with loving companion dogs, nurses and medical support staff will participate in training and service missions and thousands of dollars will be awarded to organizations who share in our mission.