Advocate the Vision of the YMCA serving as a Cause-Driven Leader
Build and Manage the Staff Team positioned for Growth
The board believes its new CEO should be an experienced leader who has the background and qualities that will permit him or her to achieve excellence in the following roles:
• Develop and Implement a Strategic Plan: Have the ability to work effectively with board of directors, volunteers, community leaders and key staff to identify critical community needs to develop and implement strategic plan. Key competencies: influence, values, relationships, inclusion, communication, project management, innovation, decision making, quality results
• Nurture a Mission-Driven Culture: Champion a culture of inclusion, integrity, character and life-long learning within the Y organization. Lead with the Y’s mission and seek to foster an environment where all individuals optimize their full potential. Key competencies: communication, self-development, change capacity, innovation, inclusion, community and philanthropy
• Advocate the Vision of the Y serving as a Cause-Driven Leader: Serve as an ambassador for the mission, cause and vision for the Y to be seen a respected community leader. Develop and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders, while always upholding the highest standards of the values of the Y.
• Build and Manage the Staff Team positioned for Growth: Serve as a leader who is able to motivate, engage, and retain staff in a positive and productive manner by creating an expectation for excellence based on YMCA best practices. Key competencies: Quality results, relationship building, influence, community building, communication, developing others, change management and values
• Fiscal Management: Ensure the Y’s financial resources are properly managed and report. Empower and guide staff to lead, monitor and manage their department budgets. Develop and implement stewardship strategies. Key competencies: Decision making, project management, finance, quality results, functional expertise, developing others
Minimum Candidate Criteria:
Accredited 4-year college degree (required; non-negotiable).
YMCA Organizational Leader Certification (Candidates not already in possession of this certification have up to three years to obtain via YMCA of the USA).
Experience with multi-location/site may counties/cities.
Experience with budget size over $15M.
Related graduate degree preferred.
Residency Expectation: Living in the Venice/Englewood area is required.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits: Health insurance, medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, 10 percent YMCA retirement plan, paid time off, life insurance and YMCA membership
About The SKY Family YMCA
With 6 Branches, two SKY Academy Charter Schools, and 4 early childhood education centers, the 700+ employees of The SKY Family YMCA serve thousands of children and families in our communities every day. For over 40 years, we have been committed to assisting individuals and families reach their full potential through educational, health enhancement and social programs based on Judeo-Christian values regardless of age, gender, race, creed or income.