Development - General, Donor Relations/Stewardship, Software
2 Year Degree
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Development & Affinity Department manages the work of the Columbus Metropolitan Foundation (CMLF) and the Friends of the Library (FOL). These two non-profit organizations raise funds and awareness in support of the Columbus Metropolitan Library.
As a member of the Donor Services Team, the Database Coordinator will cultivate, steward, and expand the relationships between the organization and its donors/members at all levels by providing extraordinary service to donors/members and exceeding expectations for gift processing and reporting. They will ensure accurate financial and personal donor records in the database by managing data entry, gift and membership processing, gift reporting and reconciliation as well as producing gift acknowledgements and donor mailings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Accurately inputs confidential donor data into Raiser’s Edge software; ensures data integrity as well as timely and accurate acknowledgement of gifts through letters or emails.
· Accurately prepares, batches, and reconciles gift deposits, performs monthly reconciliation with CML Foundation and FOL accountants, and assembles information for yearly audit.
· Facilitates and distributes pledge reminders.
· Performs complex queries and designs and implements standard recurring reports for use with CML Foundation and Friends of the Library (FOL) staff and boards.
· Scans and imports proposals, reports and documents into Raiser’s Edge constituent files.
· Enters contact reports for key fundraising partners across CML and volunteer leadership.
· Monitors and supports as needed the processing of all FOL memberships, including appeals for renewal.
· Provides excellent and timely customer service to external customers who request information including recent and past donations and other donor records.
· Assists in donor cultivation and stewardship events as needed.
· Performs additional duties as assigned by their supervisor including serving on task forces, committees, etc.
Associates degree and/or equivalent years of experience.
· Two years’ experience in database coordination and reporting.
· Ability to use basic mathematical skills to reconcile reports and identify discrepancies. Ability to accurately perform numeric, as well as alpha, data entry.
· Proficiency in use of complex reporting tools.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records.
· Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks, anticipate project needs and give attention to detail.
· Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public, staff, volunteers, and vendors.
Internal Number: 1604
About Columbus Metropolitan Library
Columbus Metropolitan Library has served the people of Franklin County, Ohio for 142 years. With its Main Library and 22 branches, CML is well known for signature services and programs like Homework Help Centers, Reading Buddies, Summer Reading Club and the Ready to Read Corps. The library's Strategic Plan supports the vision of "a thriving community where wisdom prevails,"? which positions CML to respond to areas of urgent need: kids unprepared for kindergarten, third grade reading proficiency, high school graduation, college readiness and employment resources.
CML was named a 2011 National Medal Winner by the Institute for Museum and Library Services for work in community service, the highest honor for libraries and museums. In 2014, Columbus Metropolitan Library became the only large public library in the country to be rated a 5-Star Library for all seven years of Library Journal’s industry standards rating program.