Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and serving as a key member of the Individual Giving team, this position advances the mission of the Clinton Foundation (“Foundation”) through the engagement of individual donors. Specifically, this includes managing and coordinating the identification, segmentation, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors making annual gifts of $1,000 - $10,000.
The Development Officer for Individual Giving at the Clinton Foundation is a proactive, confident self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment that values results. S/he is persistent and driven to succeed in leading efforts to grow a robust pipeline of individual philanthropic support and in setting and exceeding goals. Success will require the following qualities:
Self-motivated, self-sufficient, and driven to lead and collaborate with others to achieve success;
Strategic, proactive, and forward thinking;
Persuasive, intuitive, outgoing, and confident;
Possesses the highest standards of personal and professional integrity; and
Adheres to and promotes the Foundation’s mission, core values, and strategic priorities.
• Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Development, the Development Officer manages and grows an assigned portfolio of individual donors and prospective donors with targeted annual and multi-year giving of $1,000 - $10,000 to meet established goals. • Engages in the direct cultivation and solicitation of donors and prospects, including through in-person meetings, telephone, written solicitations/proposals, email, and other means tailored as specifically as possible to donor preferences.
• Along with other Development Officer(s) for Individual Giving, manages the Foundation’s annual giving recognition/membership giving programs. This includes working closely with Development and Marketing and Communications colleagues to conceive and implement targeted communications and engagement strategies, stewardship, and tailored events/experiences..
• Utilizes the Foundation’s CRM database and other available research and analytical tools to identify, qualify, segment, cultivate, solicit, and steward the portfolio to maximize philanthropic giving and deepen donors’ engagement with the Foundation. This includes recording all significant donor interactions and moves management activities in CRM database. • Tracks gifts and pledge commitments within the assigned portfolio and reconciles gift activity with quarterly donor disclosure and other reporting. Monitors pledge reminders, receipting, and acknowledgement processes for timeliness and accuracy.
• Assists the Sr. Director of Development and Chief Development Officer with any special projects, especially those related to individual giving, including but not limited to fundraising events, direct response efforts, planned giving, and/or administrative tasks.
• Participate in overall Development Team planning and budgeting as requested and manages expenses within budget and/or applicable policies.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
About Clinton Foundation
Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow.?The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformitive ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.