Donor Relations/Stewardship, Major Gifts, Special Events
4 Year Degree
Passionate about mission, people and fundraising? HopeNettransforms lives through coaching and counseling in a warm supportive environment
The HopeNet Development Director raises funds makingprofessional coaching and counseling possible for people who otherwise cannot afford it. Key responsibilities include identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors seeking exponential impact.
• Develop, implement and oversee fundraising strategic plan and development calendar to meet development goals.
• Cultivate relationships with existing donors, securing targeted fiscal goals from private individuals, corporations, churches and foundations.
• Cultivate community awareness membership groupsincreasing support and involvementas HopeNet staff liaison at meetings and gatherings.
• Develop portfolio of prospects through identification, cultivation and solicitation, increasing new donors while captivating the donor’s philanthropy philosophy for exponential impact.
• Develop and foster church missional support.
• Attend community awareness mixers and church meetings, providing presentations as requested
• Provide tours for donors.
• Maintain Raiser’s Edge Next Donor software for record keeping, targeting appeals, statistical reporting and acknowledgments.
• Plan and coordinate fundraising events designed to meet annual target equipping and overseeing event volunteers.
• Assist Communications Coordinator with key marketing relationships and communications including social media, developing and maintain key relationships with media.
• Interface with and support Board Members on Donor Relations and Event Commitees.
Ideal candidate has a history of cultivating relationships connecting philanthropy passion to purpose. Skills include strategic planning, project management, clear and accurate content communication, andteam building expertise. Technical skills demonstrate proficiency in Excel Microsoft, social media and donor software- Raisers Edge preferred. As a missional representative, people skills include ability to network and collaborate withcorporate professionals,philanthropists, pastoral staff and millennial prospects, intrinsically able to match donor needs with organizational fiscal goals. Committed to Christian care and mental health,candidates without a passion for the faith based mission of HopeNet need not apply.
Additional Salary Information: Base salary is evaluated by job performance as well as fundraising goals. Incentive package includes non-financial and financial indicators of performance applied as a percent of base salary.
HopeNet compensation for employees working in areas of fundraising and development follow the standards in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethical Principles and Standards. No health benefits are currently available.
Internal Number: March 2019
About HopeNet, Inc.
Founded in 1991, HopeNet, Inc. is a non-profit organization providing coaching and counseling services on a sliding scale. Clients find hope and healing when life falls apart. With an annual operating budget of over $700K, HopeNet served over 3000 people in the Wichita area in 2018. Private donations offset the cost of confidential professional services, offering a sliding scale based on income level. Persons passionate about the benefits of mental health practices and desire to equip the church community, will find HopeNet an ideal place to serve.