Donor Relations/Stewardship, Foundation, Special Events
4 Year Degree
For more details and to apply, please visit: https://www.wsujobs.com/postings/42810
The Director of Events Strategy will develop the strategy for, and oversee the planning and execution of, special events designed to support engagement, stewardship and fundraising initiatives, including those in support of the campaign. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Strategic Communications and Donor Engagement and in conjunction with the CEO of the WSU Foundation, the incumbent will provide strategic event leadership for WSU Foundation events as well as constituency-based programs as needed. The incumbent will ensure that all events advance development strategies and other organizational objectives.
A further Breakdown of job duties and responsibilities can be found at the application link.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in a field related to the functional managerial area which has included at least one (1) year of supervisory experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Three plus (3+) years of management experience.
- Five (5) years of experience coordinating and executing complex special events in a university setting or in for a similarly complex organization.
- The ability to conceptualize major projects, coordinate detailed plans, and follow through to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work strategically to develop and implement constituency programs and activities, with a talent for motivating volunteers.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse constituencies, be self-motivated, and work independently.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service oriented attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a team player.
- Competency in problem solving.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills; effective time management and organizational skills are essential for success in this position.
- Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, email. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
- The ability and willingness to travel. A valid driver’s license and good driving record are essential.
Internal Number: 128772
About WSU Foundation
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.