Development - General, Donor Relations/Stewardship, Special Events
4 Year Degree
The International Center for Journalists, ICFJ, a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC is seeking an experienced director of development who will help forge new relationships to secure support for ICFJ’s vital work and raise its visibility. The director oversees ICFJ’s fundraising events, including the annual Awards Dinner. The ideal candidate is an energetic, passionate and forward-thinking fundraiser with experience in event management, donor outreach, and the latest technologies that help attract new donors. The director reports to the Vice President for Development.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Manage the annual awards gala and all other fundraising and donor cultivation events.
* Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for ICFJ’s fundraising priorities, including a major fundraising campaign.
* Oversee communications with donors, including recognition of supporters and correspondence (letters, emails, e-blasts).
* Promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of ICFJ.
* Develop major gift, gala and corporate sponsorship proposals; produce annual reports to major donors and archive all reports and proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
* Oversee the administration of the database.
* Manage research of funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position ICFJ stay ahead of major funding changes or trends.
* Supervise the Development Manager and Associate.
The successful candidate will have eight-plus years of professional experience in nonprofit organizations and will have demonstrated success in having expanded and cultivated donor relationships over time; managing successful fundraising events and handling multiple complex activities; excellent communication skills both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors, strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail and a proven track record of collaboration.
About International Center for Journalists
Working at the nexus of journalism and technology, the International Center for Journalists builds the expertise and storytelling skills of reporters worldwide. We work in five key areas. We foster news innovation, build strong networks of investigative reporters, and run exchange programs to deepen understanding. We develop expertise in areas such as health and business, and promote a diversity of voices in news coverage.