REPORTS TO:Manager, Donor Communications and Proposal Development
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
Americares Development Department works with donors and across the organization to engage individual, corporate, and foundation supporters in Americares mission, thereby maximizing income and driving revenue growth. Institutional Relations is the team within the Development Department responsible for identifying and stewarding corporate and foundation partners to secure financial support for Americares international and domestic programs. The team is small yet highly effective and they are passionate about what they do.
Actively engaging and maintaining institutional donors requires significant donor cultivation, outreach and operational support ranging from activities that support pipeline development to effective maintenance and utilization of data to inform prospect management, budget forecasting and revenue tracking. As the organization works to expand and diversify support from corporations and foundations, it is seeking a Manager to support the team in a wide variety of operational and donor outreach functions aimed at expanding revenue, increasing efficiency and improving processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support institutional fundraising strategy and donor stewardship, including:
· Manage and expand the Institutional Relations team’s portfolio of matching gift donors, online fundraising platform partners and other organizations fundraising on Americares behalf.
· Implement and inform strategy to increase revenue from employee match campaigns including microsite management and analysis.
· Work closely with the SVP, Development and VP, Events to drive corporate engagement and sponsorship of the Americares Airlift Benefit, the organization’s signature annual fundraising event.
· Act as the liaison between Institutional Relations and the Development Events team in driving institutional donor communications and engagement for the Americares Airlift Benefit.
· Identify and manage a targeted portfolio of institutional donors with a goal of finding new prospects for deeper partnership and engagement.
· Working with VP, Institutional Relations, responsible for driving and coordinating team’s budget forecasting, revenue tracking and performance analysis. · Drive strategy and implementation of institutional donor data capture, analysis and reporting. · Work with Development Operations and other members of Development to drive development operations policies and procedures to ensure successful donor stewardship. · Working closely with the Manager, Donor Stewardship, monitor, evaluate and amend Institutional Relation’s team's standard operating procedures.
· Manage Institutional Relations team interns; Participate in the summer intern group mentorship program.
· Perform other duties and assist in special projects and departmental activities as required.
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Foster Americares values of respect, collaboration and teamwork, trust, passion and commitment, compassion, and excellence.
Must Have Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of related work experience or equivalent job experience:
o Required experience includes:
§ Experience and enthusiasm for data analysis and data management;
§ Experience with prospect pipeline management;
§ Experience with Blackbaud CRM a plus;
§ Experience with donor cultivation and/or stewardship.
- Excellent writing skills;
- A commitment to excellence and demonstrated attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office; Microsoft 365;
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Personal Success Factors:
- Passion for our mission and a desire to work within the emergency response/global health sector;
- Highly organized with ability to deliver to a deadline;
- Comfortable and confident managing expectations of multiple stakeholders;
- Team orientation; balanced focus on personal accountability and team goals;
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with various internal constituencies, successfully navigating and cultivating relationships.
AmeriCares is an emergency response and global health organization that saves lives and builds healthier futures for people in crisis in the U.S. and around the world. Every day, AmeriCares puts critically needed medicines and supplies in the hands of frontline health workers and develops innovative, sustainable health improvements in their communities. We are the leading nonprofit for delivering donated medicines and medical supplies to health programs around the world. We leverage this core competency with emergency preparedness, response and recovery efforts, and programs that improve health outcomes. Our programs increase access to care in more than 90 countries every year.