Annual Giving, Capital Campaigns/Endowment, Donor Relations/Stewardship
St. George’s School has an opportunity for an experienced and energized Development Officer to join the Advancement Department.
This position works collaboratively with the Advancement team on the development and implementation of major gift fundraising strategy for the School including the setting of philanthropic priorities and goals, while researching, identifying and soliciting potential donors.
This individual embodies the following core competencies: empathy, integrity, humility, respect, responsibility, and resilience.
Responsibilities will include:
· Develop and maintain a portfolio of active major gift prospect and donors.
· Manage all aspects of the donor gift cycle – donor identification and qualification/prospecting; initiating and managing contact; development of cultivation strategies; solicitation and donor stewardship.
· Develop major gift fundraising strategies relating to the School’s Advancement program and priority projects including the current ONE+ Capital Campaign.
· Create goals and oversee the solicitation of funds to meet these goals.
· Personal solicitation of prospects and ability to effectively communicate the philanthropic mission of the School; accompanying volunteers and other school staff on donor calls.
· Stewardship of major donors in collaboration with the Advancement team including the Stewardship and Donor Relations Officer.
· Responsible for developing major gift opportunities and writing support materials, including proposals, when necessary.
· Engagement in the life of the school through volunteer opportunities.
· Produce regular progress reports to the Director of Advancement and the Senior Associate Director of Advancement.
· Maintain up-to-date electronic database records relating to prospect and donor activity
· Link with members of the management team in relation to any major gift fundraising and promotional work, including development of ‘ambassadors’ for St. George’s.
· Research and assess the feasibility of new methods of generating income for major gifts.
Qualifications will include:
· University degree or a combination of education and progressively responsible experience in fundraising.
· Minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience with a not-for-profit organization.
· Demonstrated record of success in one-to-one personal gift solicitations.
· Passion for the education of young people.
· Understanding of and affinity for independent school education.
· Dynamic and energetic individual who wishes to work in a highly focused environment.
· Superior interpersonal, engagement and relationship-building skills.
· High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy laws.
· Well organized and attentive to detail.
· Outgoing, inclusive, and welcoming in nature.
· Valid BC driver’s license and flexibility to travel locally and work flexible hours when required.
· CFRE qualification preferred.
· Key competencies and EQ in the following areas: self-awareness, self-management, empathy, social expertness, initiative, and accountability.
About St. George's School
At St. George’s School, we see the potential for greatness in every boy who makes the commitment to learning and achievement. Our faculty and staff help each of our young men define his purpose, harness his potential, and achieve personal success while understanding and accepting his responsibility for the betterment of society.