Annual Giving, Development - General, Donor Relations/Stewardship
4 Year Degree
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Director of Advancement, the Development Officer - Houston will be primarily responsible for driving fund development and stewarding donor relationships for LINC Houston.
The Development Officer - Houston is responsible for collaborating with the Director of Advancement and the City Executive Director on executing the local annual fund development plan. Utilizing a moves management system, including major gifts, direct mail, and events to build direct, personal relationships with churches, donors, volunteers, and the community to advance the mission of the organization, while ensuring the organization meets the necessary milestones and goals. This work will include arranging public speaking opportunities for themselves and other local staff.
The Development Officer - Houston will receive administrative support from the Development Assistant - Houston.
Additionally, the Development Officer - Houston will be responsible for working with the Director of Advancement and external partners on implementing a local planned giving strategy with the help of external advisors.
Significant local and some long distance travel is required (estimated at over 50% out of office)
This is not to be considered an exhaustive list of duties, as this role must be flexible to handle a variety of responsibilities. This role must be performed with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Proven ability to raise funds for a faith-based, non-profit organization
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
• Ability to design and grow an annual fund campaign
• Expert level written, verbal, and graphical communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional and Spiritual maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Demonstrated heart for Christian ministry, and willingness to work in a highly ministry-focused environment Education and Experience Requirements
• 4-year college degree highly preferred, advanced degree preferred
• Proven experience in nonprofit fundraising with documented results
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• 3-5 years of work experience in a donor-facing fundraising capacity, CFRE Preferred
Interested applicants must submit both a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is negotiable, and commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical allowance, auto allowance, phone allowance, access to dental, optional 401k participation, and two weeks paid vacation.
We believe that community is restored where the physical, the spiritual and the relational health are all strong. Our vision is that hundreds of communities around the world would be blessed by the presence of the faith communities working there for the peace and prosperity of its neighborhood. Our vision is for a city restored to a place where peace, justice, equality and self-sufficiency are a... reality in every community and ethnic group. With the local faith community at the core, we raise up and empower local leaders and seek to develop communities to their full potential.