JOB SUMMARY: In compliance with Duke HomeCare & Hospice’s philosophy, goals, and policies, and those of Duke University Medical Center Development Office, directs and coordinates a comprehensive fund raising and development program and strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit from individuals, corporations and foundations, the acquisition of capital and major gifts on a continuing basis consistent with fundraising goals of the organization..
Responsible to: Executive Director, DHCH
Positions directly supervised: Program Specialist
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct all fundraising activities, including major gift cultivation and stewardship, individual annual giving, membership programs, corporate giving and sponsorships, and foundation and government grants.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts prospects; recommend and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for individual prospects, working with administration, faculty and volunteers as appropriate.
- Direct special events, recognition and stewardship programs as appropriate; write acknowledgement letters as needed to enhance relationships with donors.
- Develop, evaluate and refine plans and timetables for regional, departmental or theme assignments; assist in planning and/or directing cultivational events or programs.
- Provide direct supervision for direct reports; conduct monthly assessment and review meetings; conduct formal annual evaluations.
- Direct the development and management of a volunteer network to support the major gifts and planned giving activities.
- Maintain knowledge of current tax laws, investments and planned giving opportunities; use knowledge in prospect cultivation and solicitation working with Director of Planned Giving as appropriate.
- Assist administrators in the recognition and prioritization of organizational and departmental funding needs; keep abreast of institutional and departmental priorities and programs.
- Direct the writing of proposals, newsletters, brochures, pamphlets and other materials as necessary; assist with publicity arrangements on important gifts, programs, accomplishments or events.
- Prepare budget and above expenditures related to the development efforts of DHCH.
- Maintain and develop procedures in coordination with the Office of Gift records to ensure effective collecting, recording, accounting, acknowledgement and follow-up on all private gifts to the assigned Medical Center department.
- Develop contact reports and monthly moves management reports.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Management Team at DHCH participating in weekly meetings and in rotation for Admin on Call, BLG Rounding, and Safety Rounds. Director also participates in development of DHCH and department Balanced Scorecard Planning and Work Culture initiatives.
- Frequent travel is a priority in this position requiring flexibility in work hours to include evenings and extensive travel as needed to accomplish objectives and satisfy goals.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Direct Apply to Duke -Click Here