An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Workplace Engagement Manager
Reports to: Senior Director, Development
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
UWBA is seeking a Workplace Engagement Manager to cultivate and grow a portfolio of key corporate accounts, and to supervise other staff-members in the attainment of goals for their respective portfolios. The Workplace Engagement Manager will work closely with the Senior Director to ensure the team’s overall success in raising UWBA’s resources, visibility, and relevance in our community via the corporate workplace engagement channel. UWBA serves an eight-county region that includes Silicon Valley as of a merger effective July 1, 2016.
The Workplace Engagement Manager will manage a portfolio of important existing accounts by maintaining key relationships with corporate leadership, campaign representatives, donors and prospects at all levels, on an individual and group basis, and will identify new opportunities to raise funds year-round within and beyond those accounts. This position will supervise 1-2 staff-members, helping to mentor and support their success in achieving goals set for their portfolio(s). The duties of this position require close collaboration with a broad range of people, from training and guiding external partners on best practices for successful fundraising efforts, to working internally across all teams within the development department and across UWBA’s finance, marketing and community investment teams. Responsibilities include establishing goals and measuring progress against them; developing and executing strategies to achieve those goals; providing leadership to supervisees; and partnering with the Senior Director to plan, evaluate and achieve team goals. The Workplace Engagement Manager will be deadline-driven, detail oriented, committed to excellent customer service, and a self-starter able to independently drive projects with multiple stake-holders.
What you'll do:
- Develop strategy for each assigned workplace account and establish, in cooperation with the Senior Director, measurable goals and objectives to meet organization goals.
- Manage appropriate training/resources and timelines, provide direct support, i.e., speaking engagements, event facilitation, etc.
- Manage on-going relationships with key leadership, campaign representatives, and donors within assigned accounts. Conduct face to face visits and steward year-round.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new prospects and effectively explore accounts for additional new business opportunities outside of campaign season.
- Accurately forecast, monitor and prepare progress reports on all accounts in portfolio.
- Provide high level, quality donor service by maintaining a positive and proactive relationship to all assigned workplace campaigns and individuals; maintain thorough communication logs in Salesforce.
- Manage volunteers, key board members and organization stakeholders who will assist with the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with account representatives, donors, and prospects to identify their philanthropic interests and increase their knowledge and support of UWBA.
- Collaborate strategically with Individual Giving, Corporate Grants, Volunteer and/or program teams to execute opportunities identified within accounts.
- Manage, advise and support supervisee(s) toward fulfillment of each of the above responsibilities pertaining to their portfolios.
- Serve as conduit to Senior Director by providing regular updates and progress reports.