The Director of Development-Cornerstone & Corporate assists the VP of Advancement in the creation of an annual fundraising plan to develop, implement, and evaluate a variety of fundraising strategies that will maximize revenue opportunities for Overture and maximize value for corporate donors. Perform prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship related to fundraising from corporations, corporate foundations, and corporate leaders. In coordination with VP, develop a strategy to attract and maintain corporate sponsorship gifts. Perform all defined services and related duties in accordance with the mission of the Overture Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary function of this position is to develop objectives, priorities and strategies for corporate, sponsorship and foundation development in collaboration with the VP of Advancement, VP of Marketing, Development Committee and other stakeholders.
• Manage a portfolio of corporate, corporate foundation, and corporate leadership prospects and donors to advance them through the development process.
• Build on career portfolio of local prospects capable of major gift commitments.
• Maintain personal contact and relationships with corporate program officers and marketing executives.
• Develop and write proposals necessary to match needs/opportunities with interests and capabilities.
• Collaborate with Development Committee and Board on corporate and corporate foundation giving opportunities, assessing ongoing relationships, identify mutual opportunities and benefits and implement new initiatives to leverage additional support.
• Identify and research applicable prospects including corporate leaders who can commit to the Local Legends program – a $100,000+ challenge grant.
• Look for opportunities to discuss Planned giving. Plan and conduct events and activities to build and maintain relationships effectively presenting the case for sponsorship and/or philanthropic support.
• Serve as key Development contact for Overture’s Frostiball. Directly responsible for the Frostiball sponsorship plan, securing sponsors and achieving revenue goals.
Overture is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.