The Law School Advancement Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing the Law School Annual Fund and Alumni Relations operations and has the primary responsibility for achieving success for those programs. Responsibilities include project management of the Annual Fund communications, including mailings, social media, tracking Annual Fund progress to goal and assuring stewardship follow-up with donors. The Operations Coordinator is also responsible for the planning and implementation of alumni special events and Reunion, including all logistics, budgets, and some volunteer management and recruitment, and for producing reports that facilitate analysis of fundraising progress and effectiveness. The Operations Coordinator manages a student philanthropy program.
Operations Coordinator for Annual Fund and Reunion Communications:
- Serves as operations coordinator for all communications related to the Annual Fund, Reunion and other donor/alumni events.
- Helps develop the overall plan for the Annual Fund and reunion programs with the strategic oversight and direction of the Leadership Giving Director.
- Manages and implements the Law School’s Annual Giving Program. Using independent judgement, knowledge of best practices, and data analytics, the Operations Coordinator monitors and implements the schedule, segments and tracks mailings, and analyzes success and measures trends for Annual Fund mailings and electronic communications.
- Manages and implements reunion communications. Communicates with reunion volunteers and coordinates with the Leadership Giving Director regarding the Director’s reunion solicitations.
- Assures that print and electronic materials are written, vetted and produced on schedule, implementing the distribution of all communications and proactively monitoring and reporting on the response.
- Manages gift tracking and acknowledgement process and systematically executes the acknowledgement letters and anniversary letters. Assures special stewardship events are planned for top donors.
Operations Coordinator for Alumni/Donor Events and Reunion Weekend:
- Primary responsibility for planning and implementing all aspects of donor-related events per year plus Reunion weekend events.
- Identify locations for events, plan menus and negotiate with vendors
- Manage publicity, invitations and RSVPs
- Coordinate day-of staffing and logistics
- Assure that Dean and Assistant Dean have all necessary briefing materials
- Assure that post-event stewardship has occurred
- Works with the Director of Leadership Giving to design and implement a set of programs and events that build a culture of philanthropy among the student population and lead to a robust Third Year Gift Program and lifetime giving
Budget, Analytics and General Operations:
- Manages the Law Advancement budget accounts. Updates budgets using generated monthly reports and reports status to the advancement team. Alerts the team of potential shortfalls and makes recommendations for cost efficiencies.
- Develops and produces regular analytic reports on the Annual Fund and Reunion for progress towards goals, effectiveness of events and return on investment of various fundraising projects and approaches.
- Utilizes appropriate databases for creating lists, tracking program participants, and managing donor recognition.
- Manages other stewardship/cultivation activities including holiday, birthday or special occasion cards, donor recognition activities, selecting and sending donor gifts, coordinating informational mailings.
- Performs administrative tasks which may consist of scheduling, correspondence, reports, composing and maintaining external lists, internal documents and processes, and other tasks as assigned.
- Assumes special projects as requested by senior management.