• Demonstrated success at raising funds by developing and implementing strategic solicitation fundraising plans that incorporate a concise definition of goals, targeted audiences, and strategies in-line with institution and academic goals in higher education and closing gifts ($1M+) from individuals, corporations, and foundations, both local and national.
• Experience in coordinating, implementing, and/or managing complex, diverse programs and functions for a very diverse department. Demonstrated ability to deal at a senior executive level that includes the ability to provide appropriate counsel, recommendations on a wide variety of issues that impact individuals which may be either internal or external constituents.
• Superior ability to identify, understand, analyze, and interpret complex written materials, situations and concepts and to effectively communicate results of analysis and recommend or implement effective courses of action to Associate Vice Chancellor University and Development and Senior Management team.
• Proven success as a development officer in a highly sophisticated donor-centered fundraising environment as a direct-line fundraiser.
• Demonstrated experience at creating and implementing a fundamental plan for successful campaign, including feasibility studies, identification of campaign projects, establishment of priorities, strategy, cultivation and solicitation, negotiation, finalization of proposals and follow through, while providing leadership to Development staff.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to determine workload priorities; manage special projects; develop comprehensive timetables and strategies to meet multiple and constantly changing deadlines; provide direction for a coordinated effort, and ensure accomplishment of objectives in a timely manner.
• Ability to plan, train, and direct staff and set priorities to direct others in the maintenance of established high standards of work production and ethics. Provide leadership by means of an exemplary figure in character and ethical stature.
• Demonstrated use of initiative, creativity, and ability to problem-solve and provide recommendations or implement solutions to complex issues and needs. Recommend or implement appropriate course of action on behalf of management. Ability to properly handle sensitive issues that arise frequently in a rapidly changing environment.
• Experience with campaign strategy, goal setting, benchmarking, forecasting and analytics.
• Demonstrated success in fundraising strategies related to campaign goals and strategic design.
• Proven ability to provide critical analysis, using sound judgment with realistic expectations for projected results.
• Skill in developing, designing and implementing operational and procedural policies, new administrative policies, reports, procedures and practices across complex units and management areas.
• Master's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent combination of education, fundraising and campaign experience, preferably in an academic environment.
• Background check is required.
• Must have access to reliable transportation and a valid California Driver’s License.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html