Are you a seasoned fundraising professional who has developed strategies and led Annual Giving, digital and direct marketing, mid-level, major gifts and planned giving programs?
Do you enjoy identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual donors?
Do you have a passion to End Diabetes and Strike Out the Stigma associated with Diabetes?
Then please consider applying for Director, Development at Diabetes Canada!
The Director, Development will provide leadership and strategic direction for Annual Giving, including: digital and direct marketing, mid-level, major gifts and planned giving. The Director develops the strategy with the Senior Leader, Fund Development and Chief Development & Marketing Officer. The role also collaborates closely with the senior management team, donors, and volunteers to lead the implementation of strategic approaches to cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual giving.
Some highlights of the Director, Development role include:
- Increase annual fundraising revenue in annual giving through the development of the strategic plan achieving targets for KPIs such as an increase in number of donors, retention rate, annual gift upgrades, and improved overall donor engagement.
- Ensure direct and digital strategies are fully integrated into all donor marketing and fundraising activities.
- Develop the strategic plan for mid level, major gifts and planned giving and ensure moves management practices are executed at the national and local level.
- Implement the major donor development strategy by identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual prospects capable of giving in excess of $10,000.
- Spearhead research and prospecting efforts to create a deep prospect pipeline.
- Plan, implement, and manage all day-to-day annual or individual giving-related activities including engaging a larger, broader, and more diverse audience; managing development staff and partnering throughout the organization; developing new earned income initiatives; and collaborating on all donor-facing marketing and branding efforts.
- Ensure the proper policies, procedures, and best practices are in place for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors at every level; and the timely, secure and accurate processing and recognition of gifts.
- Oversee accurate donor data entry and gift acknowledgement process through the donor database system (Raiser’s Edge & CRM) and other record-keeping processes.
- Build relationships with program staff to support fundraising efforts and build donor relationships.
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Opportunity to be involved in Diabetes Canada events that help your communities