Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership and expertise in Greater Boston to care for people in need, advocate for Israel and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families make ends meet, revitalizing Jewish education, building housing for the elderly and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we currently have an opening for a Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts.
CJP’s Major Gifts department consists of a vibrant and innovative team of committed professionals. In 2016, CJP secured a record $56.4M Annual Campaign fueled by the successful ($10k+) major gifts segment. CJP’s Annual Campaign is among the most robust in the city and the Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in securing a successful campaign.
The Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts, will be a central member of the Major Gifts team. This individual will develop and manage a creative, comprehensive donor development strategy for their portfolio. Working collaboratively with a wide array of professional and volunteer leaders, this position will help build a robust portfolio of current and future donors, in support of an innovative community-wide Strategic Plan.
- Manage a portfolio of high net-worth individuals by creating a strong annual donor strategy, transitioning that into a multi-year strategy, and by integrating planned giving, endowment, and other major asks into the strategy where appropriate.
- Within portfolio, establish and maintain strong personal relationships through stewardship, cultivation and solicitation of 150 major donor families and prospects, and partner with CJP’s President, Executive Vice President, and volunteers to solicit gifts.
- In partnership with CJP’s planned giving team, integrate strategies to identify and develop planned giving prospects within the portfolio. Successfully close at least 5 planned gifts annually.
- Work in partnership with a prospect research team to build and maintain current donor profiles.
- Develop and meet ambitious goals within the framework of a strategically developed metrics plan
- Possess up-to-date awareness of program priorities throughout the Jewish community.
- Use proactive, service oriented approach with donors, agencies, and Jewish community organizations.
- Create, plan, implement, and staff special projects and events in support of fundraising priorities.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Five years’ experience in development including successful track record of securing six and seven figure gifts.
- Experience with planned giving, capital campaigns, and managing diverse constituencies preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Database Management (we use a Blackbaud Product).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills; self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team, sense of humor;
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong personal commitment to the CJP mission.
- Knowledge of Jewish community a plus.
- Flexibility to work evenings.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1595949.
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.