Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities.
We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
Ø Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
Ø Retirement plan and employer match
Ø Generous Paid Time Off.
Ø Plus Additional Benefits.
The Senior Director of Development oversees all fundraising and relationship-building activities within Central Texas and other service areas as assigned including major gifts, events, and annual fund. The Senior Director of Development may assist in developing long-range and annual operating plans, goals and new program initiatives for the Development Department. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Key Responsibilities include (please refer to online posting at www.ppgreatertx.org for a complete job description):
- Oversees the Major Gifts program for Central Texas and other service areas as assigned.
· Hires, trains, leads, motivates, and coaches department staff.
· In conjunction with the Senior Vice President of Development and other senior leadership, develops effective strategies and leads efforts to achieve the fundraising goals for major gifts.
· Partners with the leadership team to enhance community visibility, establish donor relations, etc.
· Manages major gift solicitations, solicitation procedures and cultivation of donors from the earliest planning stages through implementation and follow-up.
· Makes face-to-face solicitations of major donors and prospects and provide staff support for solicitations in coordination with executive leadership and leadership volunteers.
· Manages Community Board involvement in fundraising and any relevant training.
· Manages the mentoring of new solicitors to assure their success in fundraising.
· Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with major donors, board members, foundation trustees, staff and community leaders.
· In conjunction with the Director of Events, assists with special events including strategy development, coordination with volunteer leadership, and other aspects of events as needed.
· In conjunction with the Annual Giving Specialist, assists with cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual fund donors.
· Develops and implements a coordinated, year-round fundraising plan and timetable for Major Gifts, including setting target goals and monitoring ongoing results.
· Promotes and facilitates integration, collaboration and teamwork between all departments throughout the organization to advance the overall plans and initiatives. Champions day-to-day integration efforts between all areas within organization.
· Maintains knowledge of abortion and family planning regulations and implements changes as necessary.
· In collaboration with the organization training department, ensures that ongoing training and development programs are available to staff within area of responsibility.
· Represents the organization at meetings, community events, conferences, and fundraising, as appropriate.
· Has restricted access to client private health information and has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate numbers.
· Ensures achievement of agency goals, vision and mission.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
· Bachelor’s degree in a wide-variety of disciplines. Master’s degree preferred.
· 7 years of professional fundraising experience. Must have 5 years of leadership experience.
· Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
· Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
· Must be able to travel within and outside affiliate region as job dictates.
· Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, high energy, positive attitude and diplomatic.
· Ability to effectively prepare written acknowledgement letters, stewardship reports and foundation proposals.
· Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
· Ability to think strategically and achieve organization’s goals relating to position.
· Comfortable and knowledgeable with discussing topics relating to sexual and reproductive health.
· Skilled in verbal and written communications.
· Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
· Possess integrity and compliance – can be relied upon to act ethically.
· Ability to lead, manage, direct, and motivate diverse groups of people and possess the skills to delegate and supervise subordinates.
Diversity creates a healthier environment: equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, past, present or prospective military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, socio-economic circumstances, language spoken or any other basis protected by law. We are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
To view all job opportunities at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas: www.ppgreatertx.org