Director of Development
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Head of School
The Brandeis School of San Francisco, an innovative and joyful K-8 independent Jewish day school, seeks a dynamic new Development Director to join its senior leadership team.
At Brandeis we celebrate the many ways of being Jewish, while encouraging students to participate as innovators and do-ers in the the unique challenges of our time. As a community, we warmly invite a diverse range of thinkers to wrestle with thoughtful explorations of how we interact with, and create, our world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, manage, and solicit for a strategic development plan to attain maximum support to the school's annual fund campaign, fundraising/cultivation events, corporate and foundation proposals, and other development initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the head of school, senior staff, and the board of trustees in developing and implementing the development plan.
- Identify, develop, and manage the school's donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with alumni, donors, and staff.
- Prepare all fundraising materials, including solicitation letters, board reports, grant proposals, presentations, and stewardship correspondence.
- Work closely with the director of admissions and marketing to create and manage external publications (annual report, development e-newsletter, and cultivation pieces, as well as website and social media).
- Train board members and volunteers to ensure success of all development efforts.
- Create current office systems and processes to support all development projects and operations.
- Supervise the management of the development database and oversee processing of all gift income for the purpose of providing receipts and maintaining accurate giving records.
- Oversee and monitor the department budget.
- Attend professional meetings and workshops to keep informed of independent school issues and trends.
- Serve as part of the school's senior leadership team and attend board meetings as requested.
- Supervise and evaluate development department staff including the database manager, development associate, temporary employees, and volunteers, as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage fundraising programs.
- Bachelor's degree minimum
- Experience managing staff
- Ability to communicate effectively with school representatives, parents, students, alumni, donors, and representatives from the business community.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Generally work in standard office conditions and climate.
- May work in varied extreme outside weather conditions during special activities and fundraising events.
- Work in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
We are looking for a thought-partner and fundraising leader to join a collaborative and energetic team of directors. The work ahead is multifaceted: finalizing our strategic plan, nurturing a culture of philanthropy both within the school and beyond its walls, and continuing to position The Brandeis School of San Francisco as among the leaders in reimagining and building the future of Jewish life and engagement in the Bay Area. We appreciate creativity, professionalism, and work that exhibits both a sense of purpose and a sense of humor. More information about the school can be found on our website. Interested candidates can send resume and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Citizenship, residency, or work VISA in United States required.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency