The Foundation Relations Coordinator supports the mission of the Conservation Law Foundation by providing programmatic and administrative support to the Director of Foundation Relations and CLF’s program directors and state advocacy directors. The Coordinator will manage and coordinate the cultivation of foundation donor prospects and partnerships, the development and submission of funding requests, and will support the growth of the foundation funding portfolio of CLF, with a particular focus on ensuring the prompt, timely, and thorough submission of foundation proposals and reports. The successful candidate will support all CLF programs in donor cultivation, proposal development, and grant management. This is a fulltime exempt position located in Boston.
Prospecting and Foundation Research:
- Researches foundation websites and databases for opportunities
- Prepares briefing memos and presentations for foundation meetings
- Creates and manages strategies for donor cultivation
- Staffs and coordinates donor meetings and teleconferences as assigned and writes meeting reports
- Works with staff in state advocacy centers and programs to coordinate and collaborate on cross-programmatic opportunities for foundation prospects
- Manages donor relationships as assigned, with opportunities to gain responsibility for accounts of increasing value over time
- Supports other Development Department research/prospecting as needed or assigned
- Concept Note and Proposal Development:
- Edits and proofreads concept notes and proposals for foundation prospects
- Researches and writes sections of proposals as assigned
- Researches technical topics as needed to strengthen proposals
- Coordinates proposal submission and tracking, including required attachments (budgets, 501(c)(3) documents, etc.) for submission
- Develops and checks proposal budgets, work plans, etc. for accuracy and formatting
- Grant Reporting:
- Tracks and monitors reporting deadlines, working with the Program Directors and State Advocacy Directors to coordinate reporting for foundation accounts
- Proactively organizes all proposal and report submissions by:
- Determining who needs to be involved and communicating expectations and deadlines well in advance
- Taking an initial role in developing foundation grant report templates, as assigned by the Foundation Relations Director
- Ensuring document and version control of multiple drafts
- Coordinates with the Finance team on all financial reporting including ensuring compliance with donor terms and conditions
- Business Processes and Administration:
- Maintains foundation activities and deadlines in donor relations database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Manages trackers and prospect lists for the Foundation Relations team
- Supports Development Department business protocols, including files on shared server, filing systems, tracking correspondence, etc.
- Supports Foundation Relations role in Development Department systems, such as pipeline trackers, event calendars, etc.
- Provides limited administrative support to Foundation Relations staff such as scheduling meetings, filing expense reimbursement reports, scheduling travel, etc.
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A nonprofit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders — in statehouses, courthouses and boardrooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings — to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Other tasks as assigned