Hidden Villa, an educational farm and wilderness serving 50,000 with a mission to inspire a just and sustainable future, is seeking an Assistant Development Director, to participate in the development and implementation of the strategic direction for stewardship of Hidden Villa’s donors and volunteers.
The Assistant Director of Development is responsible for designing, implementing, evaluating, and maintaining a comprehensive donor communications and recognition program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of Hidden Villa’s donors at all levels. He/she develops and implements protocols for acknowledging, recognizing, celebrating, and communicating with donors the importance and impact of their gifts. The Assistant Director of Development manages a strategic communications and recognition program that reinforces Hidden Villa’s donor centered approach, enhances organizational goals, and dovetails with
department priorities. He/she works in partnership with all development staff to steward and strengthen new and existing relationships and encourage and enhance the engagement of those relationships.
The ideal candidate for this role, will bring a passion for Hidden Villa’s mission and an interest in leveraging your experience in the fields of direct-response and fundraising. To be successful in this position, you will demonstrate strategic thinking, analytical and fundraising skills with the ability to recognize and present opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and
prioritize them to attain goals. In addition, you will be someone who is highly detail-oriented, has technical experience working with data, and practical experience working as part of a team that has multiple, competing priorities.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the work products and outcomes of the department and ensure they are meeting goals and objectives
- Communicate department goals and priorities, provide constructive feedback, and collaborate across departments to achieve goals
- Coordinate high-impact communication vehicles and messaging (print and digital media) that educates and promotes Hidden Villa programs, mission fulfillment, and impact
- Track results of annual giving program as well as expenses
- Adapt existing Annual Fund initiatives based on assessment of goals and resources
- Improve processes and implementations to support Development goals, reconciliation of restricted funding, and federal compliance
- Ensure accuracy of all information in the database and on the website
- Continually seek and share new and best practices in annual giving and develop professional skills through webinars, conferences, and fundraising networks
- Support key committees and related events