Mission of the Office of Stewardship and Development
To serve the mission and vision of the Archdiocese of Chicago, the Stewardship & Development Department secures resources to support the spiritual, sacramental, educational, charitable and evangelical growth for parishes and all we serve. We provide our benefactors, at both the parish and archdiocesan level, opportunities and direction in fueling and fulfilling the mission of the Church. By cultivating and stewarding relationships in a partnership of generosity, we walk together in the footsteps of Christ and continue His work.
The Operations Director oversees the Operations Team to ensure excellent gift processing, pledge fulfillment for campaigns and annual giving, donor stewardship and database management. As a leader of the office of Stewardship and Development, the Operations Director manages a team responsible for considerable communication with external constituencies ensuring professionalism, timeliness and accuracy to strengthen affinity to and trust in this archdiocese.
This person is charged with overseeing the fulfillment staff and operational systems serving more than 100,000 capital and annual donors. S/he will lead by example and experience, and motivate the operations staff to serve the mission statement of the Office of Stewardship and Development in their interactions with pastors, parishes, donors, internal offices of the archdiocese and with external vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with the Chief Development Officer as the public facing representative of the Operations Team of the Archdiocese of Chicago
- Act as liaison with the banking institutions and the Archdiocese Finance Department to ensure quality control of all transactions/gifts received in person, in the mail, e-giving and in-pew.
- Set staff goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure the Operations Team meets organizational objectives and operating requirements
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performing team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance.
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of a donor database of 500,000+ households.