Benefits Data Trust is a not-for-profit social change organization committed to transforming how individuals in need access public benefits and services. Through its innovative Service Delivery Model, BDT seeks to improve the lives of vulnerable individuals, the systems they navigate, and the communities in which they live. BDT infuses over $135 million into the homes of low-income individuals every year, allowing them to buy food, heat their homes, and afford healthcare. BDT cannot do it alone. The organization relies on cross-sector partnerships with government, healthcare providers, philanthropic entities, and community based organizations to re-engineer the health and human services system making benefits access more simple, comprehensive and cost-effective.
Founded in Philadelphia in 2005, BDT operates programs in Pennsylvania, Maryland, South Carolina, Colorado, New York, North Carolina, and Connecticut. Over the past four years, BDT has had an approximate 30% annual growth rate and currently employs 185 FTE with a 2016 operating budget of approximately $14 million. Having established itself as a social change agent and thought leader in the benefits access sector with a proven impact model, BDT is at a critical juncture in its growth and is poised to take the next step. BDT is looking for a Development Coordinator.
The Development Coordinator will assist the Director of Development in executing the organization’s fundraising goals. The primary responsibility of the Coordinator will be to support the organization in identifying and securing external funding and partnerships. Additionally, the Development Coordinator will be involved with stewardship activities related to non-profit fundraising and relationship management. The Development Coordinator reports to the Director of Development.
The Development Coordinator directly reports to the Director of Development
Example of Tasks:
Research & Reporting
- Research funding targets (individual, corporate, government and philanthropic) that meet the mission of the organization
- Develop a concrete plan for connecting with identified funding targets as part of the team’s overall fundraising plan. Work in conjunction with the development team to implement plan
- Research philanthropic landscape of targeted geographies and work with the development team to strategize on the most appropriate steps to take when developing relationships in a new jurisdiction
- Maintain internal development reports
- Actively participate in internal and external meetings that relate to fundraising and development, as requested; draft meeting agendas, minutes, and record decisions reached by participants and ensure information is appropriately communicated to all attendees
- Coordinate the grant proposal submission process by creating, managing and ensuring implementation of a project timeline in order to define the necessary tasks and timeframe for successful completion
- Develop grant proposals in accordance with the guidelines of potential funding sources
- Adhere to follow-up policies for all funders and external contacts, ensuring donors are thanked in a timely manner, receipts are provided, next steps are communicated, etc.
- Track grant funded reporting requirements and coordinate the submission of grant reports, ensuring they are timely and accurate
Complete other development/government relations/engagement activities as assigned