The New York Academy of Medicine advances solutions that promote the health and well-being of people in cities worldwide.
Established in 1847, The New York Academy of Medicine continues to address the health challenges facing New York City and the world’s rapidly growing urban populations. We accomplish this through our Institute for Urban Health, home of interdisciplinary research, evaluation, policy and program initiatives; our world class historical medical library and its public programming in history, the humanities and the arts; and our Fellows program, a network of more than 2,000 experts elected by their peers from across the professions affecting health. Our current priorities are healthy aging, disease prevention, and eliminating health disparities.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a development professional looking to grow his or her skills and expertise in many aspects of fundraising. The Team Administrator will be responsible for managing development operations which includes data management (Salesforce), gift processing and acknowledgement, prospect research, fundraising campaign support and assisting the Assistant Director of Development on submitting grants and contract applications. The Team Administrator will provide support to the Development and Communications departments including managing budgets, monthly reconciliation with the Finance Department, processing state registrations, ordering supplies and other projects as required.
- Responsible for all donation gift entry into development database (Salesforce)
- Draft and execute all donation acknowledgment letters
- Support Individual Giving Manager and Development team staff on writing and completing annual fund appeals throughout the year
- Create and manage mailing lists for all fundraising campaigns throughout the year and occasional Communication projects
- Conduct quarterly maintenance within Salesforce to ensure data integrity
- Create reports and complex queries in database
- Work with the Finance team to reconcile accounts, including all gifts, and invoices and expenses
- Assist Stewardship and Cultivation Manager with special events and projects, including Gala-related mailings, accounting, reports and correspondence
General Office Management
- Complete Development and Communications budgets and invoicing requests
- Manage Director of Development calendar
- With staff, develop department owned meeting agendas and record minutes
- Order office supplies as needed
- Arrange travel accommodations