The Organization: CWAE's mission is to solve the most intractable problems of public education and society in general with a unique, paradigm disrupting approach that addresses the underlying neurophysical basis of learning, behavior and perception
Position Overview: CWAE has developed a historic, meditation-based school intervention program that has gone from “impossible” to worldwide fame in just over 7 years (www.cwae.org/nbc). We are seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial individual to lead the development function of the organization during an exciting period of scaling for national growth. The successful candidate will work directly with and report the Executive Director (ED) and the CWAE Board to design and implement a strategic development program to support the organization and its programs.
We are looking for someone to manage and direct the research, cultivation and stewardship of our individual donors through management of annual donors, prospect research, board engagement and events. This role requires very strong strategic and critical thinking skills, exceptional writing and communication skills, strong relationship-building and stakeholder management, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy and excellent project management skills.
- Lead an innovative and strategic development program including Annual Campaign, Major Gifts, Foundation and Institutional support.
- Coordinate and support development efforts by the ED, CWAE staff, Board of Directors and other volunteers.
- Implement national strategy for establishing and sustaining local and regional CWAE volunteer networks.
- Personally solicit major gifts from individuals.
- Manage cultivation, solicitations and stewardship of donors.
- Oversee tracking of donor activities and help create a moves management system.
- Manage annual appeals process with individual donors; both in the fall and spring.
- Partner with Marketing Manager to create compelling communications for key foundation, institutional and individual supporters.
Prospect research, preparation and follow-up
- Establish and meet quarterly stewardship and cultivation goals for annual donors.
- Develop a deeper prospect pipeline for future donor cultivation.
- Produce accurate research and profiles on individual prospects.
- Prepare documents for Donor meetings including research, strategy and appropriate materials.
- Serve as thought partner in identifying strategic cultivation and stewardship opportunities.
- Staff the Board Development Committee/Working Groups.
- Staff the Board Nominating Group; Support the work of the CEO and Board in the identification, cultivation and recruitment of Board members.
- Develop training for Board of Directors and Advisory Committees on roles and responsibilities for Development participation.
- Manage board relationships, communication and deliverables to ensure successful. engagement and participation of individual board members in fundraising.
- Enlist board members in personalizing outreach and solicitations.
- Oversee successful event strategy that leverages key staff and board towards raising awareness about CWAE among donor prospects.
- Prepare relevant program and materials to enable an excellent donor experience.
- Develop guest lists and manage donor prospect outreach and responses.
- Participate as a member of the CWAE Management Team.
- Provide coaching and consultation to CWAE staff and consulting clients, as requested by the ED and/or consulting project lead, on matters related to fundraising and board development.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience of demonstrated success as a fundraising professional, preferably with a multi-faceted fundraising program; marketing, business development and/or sales experience may be considered to meet this minimum.
- Grant-writing, grants management and proposal-writing expertise.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build trust and rapport with a range of stakeholders including Board members, funders, donors, clients and staff.
- Excellent communication skills; articulate, with proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively.
- Extremely well organized with an obsessive commitment to quality, detail and deadline accountability.
- Experience with donor databases, Salesforce a plus.
- Impeccable integrity, judgment, maturity and discretion.
- Great sense of humor and desire to embrace a start-up culture.
- Strong interest in children, education and community development.
- Tremendous commitment, work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile on a regular basis in pursuit of an unprecedented, paradigm shifting endeavor in social evolution.
?Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, depending on experience and qualifications.
Submit a detailed cover letter outlining your specific interest in this position and your relevant experience and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: CWAE DoD.