To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The areas listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, Communications, Marketing or a related field required. A Master's Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of progressive experience required, ten (10) or more years preferred, in Fund Development, Marketing and Public Relations with at least three (3) years of administrative/ management experience directing all aspects of a comprehensive Fund Development Department with demonstrated success.
- Enthusiasm and appreciation for the value of nonprofit social service organizations and the vital role of philanthropy to fulfill their mission and vision.
- Experience in writing, articulating and implementing Strategic Fund Development Department Plans, including all areas of fundraising, community relations/brand marketing and volunteer services.
- Effective presence, verbal/written communication and presentation skills necessary to interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies as well as engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships. Highly developed public and interpersonal speaking skills, including the capacity to inspire and motivate staff, donors, prospects, board members and volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time, including "closing management" skills (i.e., researching, cultivating, soliciting, and closing major gifts).
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to set priorities, manage skills. Ability to set priorities, manage simultaneous priorities and meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the agency.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Computer literate with demonstrated knowledge of automated information management systems related to developing, monitoring and managing all aspects of a comprehensive Fund Development Department required. Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and donor database management (particularly Raisers' Edge) preferred.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive certification preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer