For over 45 years, Precept Ministries International has been establishing people in God’s Word through Inductive Bible Study. In over 180 countries and 70 languages, our leaders are showing others how to discover Truth for themselves, know their God, and to become a disciple of Jesus Christ. Our desire is for people to use their spiritual gifts for His glory and to make an impact for the Kingdom of God as they share God’s Word. Every day, thousands of people around the world are delving deep into the Bible, spending time learning what Scripture says, understanding what it means, and living it out in their daily lives.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced fundraiser for the Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States, serving the states of Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina and states north and east. The Mid-Atlantic Regional Development Director will be a key player working alongside a team of professionals who also has a passion for biblical stewardship.
- Committed to building lasting relationships with current and potential donors in this region who can support the ministry of Precept with gifts of $5,000 or more. Must be able to develop new relationships while increasing and retaining existing Precept relationships.
- Qualify, cultivate, and solicit friends of Precept for current and deferred gifts.
- Manage a caseload of about 150 key relationships made up of individuals, churches, foundation, and other organizations. Develop, track, and monitor donor and prospect activities and cultivation strategies.
- Develop, plan, and implement Ministry Briefings for the purpose of introducing Precept to donor prospects.
- A mature and growing Christian faith with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A biblical philosophy of fundraising with a servant’s heart.
- Strong leadership abilities coupled with solid business knowledge with a results-oriented acumen.
- Proven project management skills, willingness to lead by example, and proven success in planning, directing, reporting and overseeing projects.
- Currently reside in or near one of the Mid-Atlantic states.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of recent and fruitful fundraising experience with high net worth individuals. Proven ability to plan, coordinate, and implement promotional and/or fundraising activities and events in order to effectively develop stewardship/giver relationships. Strong working knowledge of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time, including some nights and weekends. Valid driver’s license required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and hands-on experience with donor CRM systems.