Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership and expertise in Greater Boston to care for people in need, advocate for Israel and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families make ends meet, revitalizing Jewish education, building housing for the elderly and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we currently have an opening for a Director of Next Generation Philanthropy.
The Director of Next Generation philanthropy will lead the initiative to build and reinforce the pipeline of CJP’s future philanthropic leaders. This position is chiefly responsible for growing new relationships for the organization within this cohort. S/he will work closely with the Associate Vice President, Major Gifts to help develop and implement strategies and initiatives/events for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of high-capacity major donors under age 50. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the recruitment, planning, execution and follow through for VIP Israel Missions. The Director also manages the Senior Development Officer, Next Generation.
- Grows portfolio of donors by at least 30 annually with a focus on identifying and engaging new prospects and children of existing major donors
- Map Jewish community through existing and new networks, building close relationships within and across networks, and connect people across networks
- Launches VIP Israel experiences including careful mission recruitment, curating the mission experience, and personalized follow-up to achieve new and increased gifts
- Qualifies prospects, cultivates relationships, and solicit contributions from new and existing major donors
- Works in partnership with Major Gifts Team to identify and build stewardship, engagement and solicitation plans for CJP’s multi-generational efforts.
- Develops individualized and collective engagement strategies and initiatives for this cohort including giving circles, missions, and the board observership program
- Personally solicits donors for gifts to the Annual Campaign;
- Become content owner and strategist on CJP program priorities
- Serves as a resource to colleagues and prospective donors around community priorities.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience. Masters Degree preferred.
- Five+ years successful experience in development or related field, with an emphasis on annual campaign work and donor relations.
- Experience managing staff preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Database and Internet.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment; self-motivated; demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially.
- Ability to work successfully within a strong systems and process-based organizational structure.
- Experience with comprehensive philanthropy, and managing diverse constituencies including high-capacity young adults preferred.
- Sense of humor.
- Strong personal commitment to the CJP mission.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community preferred.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1554945.
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.