The Foundation Fighting Blindness is the largest nongovernmental foundation supporting retinal disease research in the world, funding rigorous scientific discovery and clinical trials to preserve and restore vision. We are headquartered in Columbia, MD with regional offices in New York NY, Chicago IL, Raleigh NC and Santa Monica CA.
Over the past four decades, FFB has raised more than $650 million to fund research studies at prominent institutions worldwide, focused on retinal disease research. We are seeking a dynamic, experienced and organized EVENTS MANAGER to be part of our team. This position will be based in Raleigh, NC.
- Ensure all fundraising events are within budget, meet financial objectives, and appropriately represent the Foundation to the donor community
- Plan fundraising events in coordination with management, vendors and volunteers
- Responsible for event logistics including venue, communication, vendor, staff and volunteer matters. Events include dinners, walks and other smaller events
- Works with internal and external parties to initiate, plan and execute fundraising events including venues, photographers, food, floral arrangements, etc.
- Recruit, trains, and supervises event volunteers
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards prospects, donors and volunteers
- Functions as Foundation liaison with Planning committees and meetings
- Transports event materials and equipment as needed
- Participates in special projects and events as assigned
- Supervise and mentor an Administrative Assistant
Please send your resume with a cover letter stating salary requirement and overview of fundraising accomplishments to HR@fightblindness.org. We offer an excellent salary and benefits, and a terrific team environment!