The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Our teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. Together with our supporters, we're helping children reach their full potential in school and in life. We share all of our resources freely and do not accept any funding from the pharmaceutical industry.
Child Mind Institute is seeking a high-achieving, creative and entrepreneurial Individual Giving Manager to grow the individual philanthropic goals of the organization. This individual will work with the Director to create and implement a long-term growth plan for individual and major giving, which includes building a moves management structure. This position will be responsible for the oversight of donor pipelines, devising strategies for identifying and cultivating prospective donors, briefing and solicitations, and stewardship. This individual will maintain his/her own portfolio of donors as well as support the solicitation efforts of key organization leaders and board solicitors. This position will work closely with the Director and development team on other major initiatives including data management, grassroots and digital fundraising campaigns, development of a donor Advisory Council and special events.
The position reports to the Director of Development and will also work with members of the board of directors and executive leadership. This is a full-time, exempt position in our New York City headquarters.
- Plan and execute all aspects of Child Mind Institute’s annual giving program to meet fundraising goals
- Maintain a portfolio of existing and prospective donors.
- Implement a cultivation plan to keep donors and prospects interested and engaged.
- Manage individual prospect research and execute systems to prioritize the identification and cultivation of prospects.
- Collaborate on grassroots fundraising/direct mail and online solicitation projects as well as other digital marketing strategies including social media, crowdfunding, giving days, giving circles, monthly giving, etc.
- Actively manage existing donor pipelines through moves management systems and oversee development of portfolio structure for development staff and key organization leadership.
- Identify new prospects, develop giving profiles and strategies for engagement.
- Ensure all transactions related to the annual giving are accurately documented and tracked in Salesforce
- Collaborate with appropriate development staff to prepare for donor meetings, including developing meeting briefings and presentations, ensuring organizational leadership involved in pitch are prepared.
- Collaborate with Campaign Director on $30 million capital campaign to fund the Child Mind Institute’s neuroscience research agenda.
- Recruit for and manage a new volunteer leadership body, the Child Mind Institute Advisory Council.
- Other duties as assigned.