Reports To: Associate Director of Development, Board Relations & Major Gifts
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Alliance Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, recruitment of staff and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Directors.
The Alliance Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Manager of Individual Giving will have responsibility for maintaining and growing a portfolio of mid-sized gifts ($500-$2,500) for the Alliance Theatre Annual Fund. Primarily a relationship manager, the ideal candidate will possess comfortable interpersonal skills that are able to translate across a very diverse portfolio of donors. Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Development, Board Relations & Major Gifts, the manager will be responsible for collaborating with the manager of broad based giving to identify, qualify, cultivate, and ultimately solicit donors in mid-level gifts, with the end-game of graduating the donors up the giving pipeline, or maintaining their mid-level gifts from season to season.
With an ideal portfolio size of 150-200 donors, the manager will need to possess self-starting, self-motivating, well-organized portfolio management skills that are results oriented and hallmarked by strong internal and donor-facing communication and interface.
In addition to financial goal measurements, the manager will also be tasked with completing at least 100 face-to-face visits with existing and potential mid-level gift donors each fiscal year. As with any relationship management position, the manager may be asked to execute cultivation and stewardship activities including but not limited to small to mid-sized donor events around special occasions for the Theatre.
The Manager, Individual Giving will also share responsibility for additional development activities including but not limited to identification of planned giving prospects, prospects for special projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule needed (available evenings and weekends for concerts and special events) to accommodate fluctuations in work flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Create, implement and support strategies focused on individual giving - primarily but not restricted to the annual fund - to ensure growth in dollar and number of donors. Primary responsibility includes oversight for donors giving $500-$2,500 to the Alliance Theatre Annual Fund.
- Oversee donor relations and gift stewardship, including acknowledgement process, the creation of benefits and donor events, thank you efforts, “touches”, and campaign reporting.
- Support planned giving efforts as directed for the creation of newsletters, articles, tracking, the creation of supporting materials, one to one meetings, and oversee planned giving stewardship.
- Direct and oversee the cultivation and stewardship function fulfilled by special events, including donor benefit events, cultivation efforts and peripheral development activities.
- Complete at least 100 face-to-face visits each season with portfolio donors
- Other duties as requested or assigned.