Arts Refreshing the Soul (A.R.T.S.)
Hours: 20 hours per week (approx.).
Location: Virtual Office and A.R.T.S Office-Palatine, Il
Arts Refreshing the Soul (A.R.T.S.) promotes the well-being of at-risk women and children and facilitates their recovery from domestic abuse, poverty and homelessness through educational creative arts and music programs.
Arts education makes a tremendous impact on the developmental growth of every child and has been proven to help level the “learning field” across socio-economic boundaries.
Development/Fundraising Coordinator (DFC) is a dynamic and creative professional fundraiser responsible for securing new sponsors and increasing grant opportunities, executing fundraising programs and events, developing relationships, and growing A.R.T.S. business within the community. You will report to the Executive Director and work closely with all levels of the A.R.T.S. Team.
- In collaboration with the ED and Board of Directors, develop a fundraising plan to reach budget goals.
- Attend, organize and implement special events, including logistics, sponsor, vendor and attendee relations throughout the year.
- Oversee and take the lead for all event software.
- Work with the Program Coordinator on grant research, writing and timely submission of funding proposals.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit potential donors, including individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Maintain existing relationships through effective communication.
- Convert new sponsors into committed supporters through identification of shared goals and values.
- Research grant opportunities through corporations, foundations and preparing grant applications.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications.
Marketing/Community & Public Relations:
- Lead and participate in the execution of major fundraising programs such as A.R.T.S. By the Glass, Trivia Night and other social events and community based fundraising.
- Build fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up, and new lead generation.
- Reach out to corporations to build relationships for potential volunteer recruitment and/or for potential funding opportunities.
- Assist in recruiting, identifying, and training event/development volunteers.
- Maximize fundraising potential through social media efforts.
- Assist with the coordination of direct mail campaigns, appeals and newsletters.