With the guidance of the Executive Director, the Development Committee of the Board and the Board Chair this position is responsible for the creation, coordination and implementation of the annual development plan.
- Raise funds and in kind gifts to support the programs of CCT through grant writing, relationship building, annual fund drives, events, special campaigns, direct mail, giving groups (Mecklenburg County, State Employee Combined Campaign, etc.) and social media.
- Research potential funders, grant opportunities, and information that applies directly to the mission of CCT, the clients we serve and programs to maintain current data, information and trends.
- Create, monitor and report on annual development plan including goals, strategies, tactics and results. Provide the ED a monthly progress report and a bi-monthly progress report for the board including goals, successes, prospects, upcoming grants, and measurements to the development plan. With ED and Board Chair or Development Committee Chair, set annual goals for development committee, development manager and board.
- Manage donor database and donor history with accuracy, including cultivation activities, donations, donation acknowledgements, data entry, and donor list for annual report.
- Manage Event projects with the Marketing/Communications staff at the direction of the Development Committee, identify project tasks, time line, secure sponsorships, etc.
- Establish and service benefits, privileges, recognition, acknowledgements and incentives for donors and volunteers in order to maintain and improve relations.
- Cultivate prospective and lapsed donors, using research, notes, mailings, meetings, tours, etc., include board chair or ED.
- Monitor development efforts by activity for results, cost analysis of activity and return on investment, and identify adjustments for future implementation.
- Manage development activities, notices, etc. that keeps CCT in compliance with local, state and federal nonprofit guidelines such as solicitation license, posting required statement about donations if they include receipt of item or gift, etc.
- Responsible for grant writing, coordination of grant needs and information with program directors and budget design with ED. Submit grant reports on time and coordinate input from program directors.
- Provide support to the Development Committee of the Board, and to individual board members to assist in meeting board fundraising goals.
- Participate in Leadership Team meetings and activities.
- Work closely with Marketing/Communications staff to update website content, initiate on line donor campaigns, acknowledge donors, publicize and coordinate events; prepare direct mail pieces; and annual reports that support development activities and goals.
- May be assigned other duties and responsibilities that are considered part of development work by Board Chair, Chair of the development committee or ED.