The Director of Institutional Advancement (DIA) is responsible for the leadership of the Territorial Community Relations and Development Department. This position is responsible for designing and managing the implementation of a fully integrated fundraising and marketing plan that focuses on building lasting and sustainable relationships with donors while steadily increasing annual fundraising achievements in the territory. It will also lead, direct, inspire, train and mentor development staff, communicate fundraising goals, progress and accountability throughout the entire organization.
The ideal candidate is a bold, visionary, entrepreneurial leader with a proven track record of success in leadership roles and in managing high profile, complex fundraising efforts and projects. A keen understanding of the fundamentals of development/philanthropy coupled with experience in leading successful fundraising and marketing campaigns are essential. The candidate has a proven track record of bringing together diverse disciplines to accomplish strategic objectives.
- 15+ years of progressive leadership experience in the non-profit arena.
- Experience managing fully integrated fundraising, marketing and communications strategies at large and complex non-profit organizations.
- A proven and consistent track record of raising significant philanthropic funds for national and international organizations.
- Creativity in developing new revenue streams.
- Success in developing and maintaining performance systems for assessing impact on organizational success.
- Experience managing a comprehensive direct response program.
- BA in relevant area; MA preferred.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and analytical skills, and project management skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Eastern territory up to 25% of the time.
Search words: CRD, Fundraising Development, Fundraising Consultant, Donor Relations, Foundations Program Officer, Foundation Relationship Director, Executive Director, Grant Director, Constituent Relations Executive
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.