- A successful track record in entrepreneurial environments holding positions of increasing complexity and responsibility
- Demonstrated experience developing effective working relationships with people from a wide array of backgrounds, leading groups and developing talent, all with a collegial and team-building approach that puts others at ease and engenders trust
- A track record of securing financial resources from a variety of sources, building awareness of and support for important endeavors, and successfully cultivating and stewarding donors over time
- Strong analytical skills and experience with due diligence and/or grant-making processes
- Experience and relationships in the Charlotte philanthropic, nonprofit and/or business sectors, as well as knowledge of the critical social issues affecting low-income residents in the area, strongly preferred
- A demonstrated passion for GreenLight’s mission and commitment to the Charlotte community
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and the ability to represent GreenLight Charlotte and portfolio organizations in a professional, engaging and dynamic manner
- Creative, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented with an eagerness to roll up one’s sleeves and work hands-on to grow organizations
- Familiarity with nonprofit and/or philanthropy sectors, ideally with knowledge of the social innovation world and results-oriented, evidence-based program design; Passion for and a demonstrated commitment to social entrepreneurship and social change
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with an advanced degree in business, nonprofit management, public policy, public administration or other relevant field preferred
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word or PDF format, to Margaret Hall, Co-Founder and National Executive Director, at the following link:
The GreenLight Fund offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
The GreenLight Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
About Commongood Careers:
The GreenLight Fund has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Charlotte Executive Director. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact nonprofits. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 1000 searches at 350 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated nonprofit search firms in the country. Learn more about nonprofit job opportunities at Commongood Careers.