At Stand for Children, we believe ALL children deserve an equal opportunity to succeed in life and that education is the key that unlocks the door to success. Our mission is to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for, and with access to, college or career training. To make that happen, we educate and empower parents, teachers, and community members to demand excellent public schools and improve the odds for our students. Together, we advocate for strong policies at the state and local level, elect education champions who will keep children at the center of their policy priorities, and follow through to ensure new policies are effectively implemented in public school classrooms.
Stand for Children Washington seeks a smart and passionate Development Manager to deepen our impact by driving success in statewide donor and grants programs, including a key role in supporting and managing the fundraising strategies of the 501c3, 501c4, and state political action committee.
- Build strategy, systems and fundraising culture in the affiliate in support of the Executive Director achieving their financial sustainability goals
- Work closely with the Executive Director to build and manage a prospect pipeline sufficient to achieve financial goals;
- In partnership with the Executive Director, develop strategic cultivation strategies for all top prospective donors, track all strategies, and moves, in Salesforce;
- Research prospective new donors and funding opportunities in support of the Executive Director's ongoing prospect cultivation efforts;
- Arrange donor/prospect meetings, prepare briefings and support materials, coordinate site visits and program reports, and document all donor interactions and gift information in SalesForce;
- Manage the donor database as a CRM resource tool;
- Work with the Finance Team Liaison to ensure that the affiliate is on target to meet financial sustainability goals;
- Plan, manage and staff fundraising events, as needed, including post-even debriefs and follow-up for donor cultivation;
- In coordination with the State Operations Coordinator, manage fundraising administrative work, including gifts acknowledgement, data entry, and local check deposits;
- Assist with the building, management, cultivation of the Advisory Council and its involvement in the engagement of donors at a local level when deemed appropriate;
- Research, structure and maintain a sustainable grants program
- Conduct research and due diligence for new foundations and grant prospects; provide strategic guidance to the Executive Director and staff on approach as well as on expanding support from current foundations;
- Write and steward foundation grant proposals in partnership with the Executive Director and program staff; coordinate with National on multi-state grants;
- Track proposal progress and maintain grants calendar, including but not limited to submission deadlines and budgeting;
- Ensure timely and accurate grant reporting and submission;
- Oversee and manage development communications and reporting
- Partner with the Marketing and Communications Director and Digital Strategist to develop a robust donor communications strategy that guides the communications calendar and creation of donor-centered collateral materials;
- Work with key program staff to develop content for regular external communications with supporters.
- Passionate and unwavering belief in Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for and with access to a college education;
- Five years’ progressive experience in development;
- Experience building a donor centered culture of philanthropy and demonstrated ability to coach and guide executive leadership and program staff in fundraising strategies and techniques;
- Superior relational skills and familiarity with fundraising best practices with individual donors;
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects while delivering quality work on schedule; Event planning experience strongly preferred;
- Minimum one year proven success with all aspects of grants management, including research, writing proposals and reports, and stewardship;
- Outstanding written communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- Experience with 501c4 and/or political fundraising preferred;
- Salesforce experience preferred;
- Ability to be stationary for extended periods of time and to travel to meetings outside of the office; Ability to lift more than 10 pounds, on occasion; May require the ability to climb stairs.
To apply for this position, please visit http://stand.org/careers to upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter. No calls please.
Stand for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. People of color, members of underrepresented ethnic or socioeconomic populations and bilingual/multi-lingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
Stand for Children strives to be an employer of choice. We offer a competitive salary structure, excellent health and dental benefits, a 401k plan with a match, and generous paid time off. We build robust teams with dynamic and collaborative cultures, engaging employees in challenging work that provides opportunity for ongoing growth and skills development.
For more information, visit us at http://stand.org/national/about.