Project Kesher seeks a Director of Development to implement and lead a development strategy with the goal of cultivating ongoing relationships and increasing contributed income revenues.
ABOUT PROJECT KESHER (PK):
As the leading supporter of grassroots Jewish women’s activism in the Russian-speaking world, Project Kesher's network of 200 Jewish women's groups has developed 90 interfaith coalitions in Belarus, Georgia, Israel, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. The PK model transforms individuals, families and communities through a supportive global network of activists, innovative leadership training programs, job training at ORT-KesherNet computer centers, and social justice programs addressing domestic violence, human trafficking, women's health, anti-Semitism and other religious and ethnic intolerance.
- Develop and implement the yearly giving strategies and action steps necessary to support PK’s programming through individual giving, grant writing, events, on-line giving, direct mail and other methods needed to successfully reach revenue goals;
- Work with Executive Director to develop and execute a strategic cultivation plan to acquire new individual, foundation and corporate donors;
- Provide leadership and staff service to the Board of Directors in carrying out fundraising responsibilities and assist in recruiting for and expanding the Board;
- Further develop and expand Project Kesher’s fundraising efforts. Actively research, identify, cultivate, and independently solicit (along with Executive Director and key volunteers) potential donors at all levels;
- Develop and implement stewardship initiative aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors;
- Serve as primary point of contact for externally contracted event producer to plan and execute Annual Gala, with a focus on increasing ticket, sponsorship, and auction revenue;
- Plan and execute several intimate cultivation and stewardship events each year, and provide significant follow up;
- Coordinate appeal mailings and emails;
- Oversee Salesforce usage - including gift entry and donor acknowledgement, ensuring that donors receive timely acknowledgement letters and donor calls are responded to. Ensure that donation data is entered and donor records updated;
- Develop and oversee a plan for foundation and corporate donors including grant research and proposal writing and grant reports;
- Develop and manage foundation calendar, tracking benchmark dates and foundation guidelines;
- Work with the printer and graphic designer on production of materials as needed;
- Support the Executive Director in scheduling and confirming meetings and speaking engagements, coordinating travel, and preparing materials pre and post meetings;
- Support the board by overseeing logistics for three to four board meetings annually, and providing information and materials as needed to board members;
- Oversee part-time administrative and technical support;
- Assist in the development and implementation of social media campaigns, Facebook posts and PK blog using WordPress in cooperation with the Executive Director;
- Coordinate the design of event e-vites and manage on line and snail-mail lists, including Mailchimp; and
- Other tasks, projects and responsibilities as requested by the ED.
Send a cover letter and resume to Projectkesher@projectkesher.org Please write Director of Development in the subject line. The cover letter will be used as a writing sample. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Please include your current salary and salary requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: This will be a Manhattan-based position. The Project Kesher office will be moving to NYC as of July 1, 2017.
START DATE: July 5, 2017
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time
JOB FUNCTIONS: Fundraising, database management, executive support, development, administration