Job Purpose: Major gifts officer responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and potential donors for gifts. This is a senior level position which requires extensive knowledge of fundraising approaches in their respective areas and the highest levels of interpersonal skills. This position typically operates with only general direction of management and is expected to annually produce gifts that would rank this individual among the most productive major gift officers. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Implement the development plan for assigned college, school, program, or region.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a pool of major and principal prospects for assigned unit or region.
- Coordinate the development activities of unit head.
- Conduct face-to-face visits with major gift donors and prospects.
- Engage the President, Deans, and School Chairs in the prospect/donor relationship as appropriate.
- Coordinate and supervise the efforts of staff, where applicable.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Additional Information: Weekend and evening required at events and entertainment; travel required.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: Donors and potential donors, alumni, parents, representatives of corporations and foundations, dean and school chairs, faculty, Georgia Tech senior executives, unit Directors of Development and Development staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: External contacts, unit development officers, unit leadership, and faculty. This position will supervise: May supervise staff.