Seeking full-time Annual Fund Manager
About the OFJCC:
The Oshman Family Jewish Community Center (OFJCC) on the Taube Koret Campus for Jewish Life is one of the most exciting and innovative non-profit organizations in Silicon Valley. Collaborating with tech companies, national organizations and local non-profits, the OFJCC is reinventing what it means to enrich lives, build community and inspire Jewish journeys. Our vision is to be the architects of the Jewish future, and we are executing our mission by creating meaningful, inclusive and joyful experiences for everyone in the South Peninsula (and beyond) through educational, social, cultural, spiritual, fitness, and other wellness programs. Our diverse and passionate staff works hand-in-hand with hundreds of committed volunteers to make our modern 8.5-acre campus a truly special place for the 15,000+ visitors every week. For more information, visit www.paloaltojcc.org or call 650.223.8600.
Overview of the Role:
Are you a fundraiser looking for an opportunity to use your talents to serve the local community? If so, this might be the role for you! We are searching for an Annual Fund Manager who will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Annual Campaign, with the primary objective of expanding the top of the funnel. This is an external facing role that emphasizes volunteer coordination and management, and gift solicitation. In addition, this role involves nights and weekends as needed.
What you’ll do: Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and oversee calendar of Annual Fund communications, including donor events, solicitation mailings, electronic communications, etc.
- In conjunction with OFJCC program departments, determine appropriate audience segmentation, solicitation schedule, and draft communications specific to those areas
- Coordinate fundraising efforts, attend committee meetings and manage sponsorship activity for OFJCC events as appropriate
- Cultivate and solicit prospects
- Serve as primary Development liaison with all departments and support all program departments with giving campaigns
- Identify major gift prospects and coordinate efforts with Major Gifts Director and Chief Development Officer
- Develop strategies and goals for Preschool campaign and actively participate in and support Preschool fundraising efforts
- Plan meetings and prepare agendas and minutes for development strategy committee meetings
- Work with Major Gifts Director to strategize goals for key programs and plan quarterly events
- Recruit, support and train volunteers on an ad hoc basis who can solicit major gifts for Annual Fund
- Execute on annual Impact Report to donors: create timeline, draft content, coordinate with marketing and other departments
- With members of the Development team, identify and implement fresh ideas to recognize and acknowledge donors at different levels.
- Help generate, research and write profiles for prospect leads
- Assist with and attend fundraising events