Global Fund for Women envisions a world where every woman and girl is strong safe, powerful, and heard. No exceptions. We are a global champion for the rights of women and girls, using grantmaking and advocacy to propel global movements for women’s rights. As a public foundation, we rely on the generous support of thousands of donors each year to support our mission and to help us achieve our organizational goals. This position plays an important role in supporting our strategic plan goal of diversifying and growing our funding.
Responsible for leading Global Fund for Women to a successful fund raising campaign by 2020 to deepen its grant making and advocacy impacts, the Campaign Director provides overall campaign strategy and leadership. Working with the Development team, board, and campaign committees, the Campaign Director will help support reaching a $70M target.
The Campaign Director will lead the Campaign Committee, and work with the CEO, VP Development and lead fund raisers reach the campaign goal. The Campaign Director will work across teams internally and with key external stakeholders to manage, prioritize, set timelines, and backwards map from key milestones to ensure identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts.
The Campaign Director is expected to be actively engaged in supporting staff, board, and campaign committee members with strategic and tactical insight on getting campaign gifts, as well as to interact with donors and donor prospects. The role may require asking for gifts directly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Overall campaign organization, planning, and budgeting to oversee rigorous tracking, timelines, accountabilities, and engagement of the entire campaign team (30%)
• Work with Primary relationship managers and board to develop strategy for current and prospective donors, including identifying, cultivating, and soliciting high-level gifts and stewarding major gifts and facilitating relationships between donors and Global Fund for Women team members and volunteers (20%)
• Oversee all campaign communications, including creating and producing pitch deck presentations and campaign materials with internal and external resources, and creating acknowledgement of all campaign gifts and pledges, recording campaign data, and helping to evaluate progress toward goals (20%)
• Oversee a master campaign calendar to keep the campaign committee on track and individuals accountable. Manage task assignment, oversee the timelines, and project management for the campaign (20%)
• Lead volunteer-led events, including a public launch, and hosted events (10%)
- Chief Executive Officer
- Leadership Team (includes VP Programs, VP Development, and CFO)
- Individual Team Leads (Movements, Advocacy, Finance, LEGO)
- Development team: lead fund raisers, donor stewardship officer, development associate
- Executive office: EA to the CEO
- Programs team: Program directors, officers, and consultants
- Honorary Campaign Committee
- Campaign Committee
- Board of directors
- Key donors and donor prospects