The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH)—the world’s first Ronald McDonald House—is seeking an energetic and compassionate individual for the position of Annual Giving Manager. This job will begin as a part-time position (24-30 hours per week) with the possibility of becoming a full-time position by the end of the year. This position reports directly to the Director of Leadership Giving.
About The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH) supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Founded in 1974, we are the model for 365 Houses around the globe.
Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, and Ronald McDonald Camp.
Between our two House locations, we serve up to 65 families each night. Our Houses offer comfortable rooms and an array of other services, as well as the support of other families who understand what it is like to have a seriously ill child. Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms offer a respite space away from the bedside to families with children receiving treatment at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Each August, our one-week overnight Ronald McDonald Camp—located in the Poconos—provides the opportunity for over to 200 children with cancer and their siblings to experience the joys of summer camp.
Each year, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region provides 10 percent of our overall operating budget; the remaining 90% is raised through individual, corporate, and foundation support. To learn more, visit www.philarmh.org.
About the Annual Giving Manager Position
The Annual Giving Manager is responsible for the implementation and improvement of PRMH’s annual giving program. The Annual Giving Manager will maintain strong relationships with existing donors and expand the donor base.
Through a managed, strategically-implemented combination of direct mail, stewardship, personal outreach and interaction with key marketing peers, the Annual Giving Manager will assist the Director of Leadership Giving with identifying selected donors for further research, cultivation and solicitation. This will include frequent donor phone calls, emails, letters and thank you cards to ensure that gifts are acknowledged in an appropriate, timely way throughout the calendar year.
The Annual Giving Manager will work closely with the Database Administrator and the gift processing staff to ensure the highest possible degree of data integrity and efficiency in PRMH fundraising, including updating donor data as needed.
- Manage PRMH’s annual giving relationships
- Serve as the primary donor liaison for gifts of $250 to $999
- Consistently use Raiser’s Edge to maintain and update donor activity
- Identify and coordinate donor recognition, including signage and plaques
- Collaborate with Marketing and Development teams to create and distribute donor correspondence several times per calendar year
- Supervise PRMH matching gifts program and employee giving programs and identify new opportunities
- Identify and steward key PRMH donors
- Responsible for timely acknowledgment of operating gifts up to $1,000 and seek to obtain initial donor visits to PRMH
- Facilitate select group tours of the House as needed
- Investigate prospects from community service and volunteer groups and plan follow up moves
- Engage potential donors through “Inspirational Breakfast” invitations and ensure timely follow up correspondence
- Supervise, design, and implement annual giving outreach
- Manage all direct mail appeals
- Manage implementation of reoccurring gift initiatives
- Oversee the tribute stewardship process
- Manage the “brick” stewardship, sales, and gift-tracking process
- Collaborate with Marketing team to ensure highest quality print and digital solicitations for annual operating support
- Responsible for phone calls, emails, and coordinated use of social media to increase PRMH donations and superior donor retention
- Review newsletters, donor acknowledgment letters and publication data to ensure that donors are being recognized accurately and appropriately
- Suggest strategies to the Development team regarding best practices for annual giving program