WHO YOU ARE
- EXECUTER: You are a self-reliant and results-driven person and are strong at making things happen by turning thoughts into action.
- LEARNER: You have excellent learning agility and are able to rapidly understand and analyze new situations. You learn from your successes and failures and are eager to learn more about fundraising.
- COMMUNICATOR: You are an exceptionally strong communicator who can create high-quality materials and deliver compelling messages and writing.
- ORGANIZED: You are highly organized, thorough, and detail oriented. You are excited by the opportunity to come in and play a central role in organizing and streamlining our development operation.
- CULTURALLY COMPETENT: You work efficiently, empathetically, and respectfully with others. You understand how individuals, groups, and societies work and you build rapport with ease.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You strive for perfection and are able to move from the high level of a project to its smallest details.
- FLEXIBLE: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible when it is necessary. You are willing to travel when needed.
Other important things to note:
- We are a small organization and are building our work from the ground up. Because of the stage of our work and the growth mindset that it requires, we are looking for someone interested in rolling up their sleeves and building the organization with us.
- Although it is critical for the Development Coordinator to be culturally sensitive, it is not a requirement for this person to be of Maidu or Native American heritage.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must and hands on experience with one or more donor databases/software is preferred, but not required.
- Preference for 2-5 years of work experience and knowledge of nonprofit organizations, but not a requirement.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to Rebecca (email@example.com) and copy Ken (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Development Coordinator – [YOUR NAME].” In the email, please include:
- As a single PDF attachment, include:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter
- Short answers to the following three questions:
- What excites you most about fundraising for MSC?
- What would you be most nervous about going into this role if you were offered and accepted the position?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- In the body of the email, please copy and paste the content of your short answers and include your name, phone number, and email address.
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered.
MSC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, age, religious creed, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics as may be protected by applicable law.