The U.S. Naval Institute, located on the grounds of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD, is seeking an established or up-and-coming gift officer to become an integral member of the highly successful Foundation team. Founded in 1873, the Naval Institute is the independent, non-partisan, thought leader for the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. The Naval Institute Foundation raises restricted, unrestricted, and endowment support for a myriad of exciting and influential programs and initiatives.
The Institute seeks an energetic, passionate, team-player who is goal-oriented and driven to be successful. This position will work both independently and collaboratively to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors with a focus on gifts $10,000 and above. The successful candidate will have experience in working with major gift prospects and donors, connecting donors to content, building key relationships, and closing gifts.
The Gift Officer will:
- Personally develop, manage, and maintain a portfolio of high-level prospects and will develop strong relationships to maximize giving potential over time.
- Secure major donations from individuals and families.
- Increase the pipeline of individuals capable of donating substantial funds.
- Identify and evaluate new major donor prospects and determine major gift propensity.
- Maintain donor loyalty and enthusiasm through stewardship and activities designed to express recognition and appreciation.
- Help plan and implement a comprehensive development program to provide support across all gift categories – unrestricted, project, and endowment – and help increase the Institute’s overall philanthropic capacity.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
The U.S. Naval Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran