Weill Cornell Medicine
Principal Gifts Officer
Office of External Affairs
Weill Cornell Medicine seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, to play an important role in expanding WMC's capacity to take full advantage of its leadership and philanthropic opportunity. This position's primary focus is identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding of principal gifts ($1 million+). The Principal Gifts Officer will work closely with faculty, volunteers (e.g., board members) and staff to develop principal gift opportunities. Specific assignments will be made to develop good working relationships with valued institutional campaign players. He or she will also lead a small team of junior fundraisers.
- Six years progressive development experience with demonstrated success soliciting and closing gifts greater than $1 million.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Familiarity with all facets of development, including capital campaigns, and a demonstrable understanding of how to manage a portfolio of rated prospects.
- Successful experience directly supporting capital campaign volunteers (or other organizational leadership, such as boards, management, or physicians).
Highly Desired Requirements
- Previous academic medical center fundraising experience.
- Advanced degree.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, donor database programs such as BENefactor, Raisers Edge, BBEC.
Skill and Abilities
- Ability to build and nurture effective working relationships with physicians, colleagues and donors.
- Solid supervisory experience managing junior fundraisers
- Outstanding leadership qualities
- Demonstrated appreciation and understanding of Weill Cornell's mission and the ability to effectively communicate it.
- Demonstrated ability to work within an organization emphasizing teamwork, respect, and excellence.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Strong strategic abilities, highly organized and detail-oriented.
Please use our on-line application system at: http://weill.cornell.edu/hr/
Please refer to Job Number 33346
Weill Cornell Medicine is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EOE/M/F/Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.