Bishop's College School, a co-educational independent boarding school, is seeking an experienced advancement professional to lead our active team in the Advancement Office. The school is thriving in every aspect, operating at capacity with 260 students, a robust annual and major giving culture in place, and recently officially recognized as an IB World School. With the largest endowment per student of any boarding school in Canada, BCS has a rich history of philanthropy and an energized donor base. An ambitious strategic plan and campus master planning process are at the heart of the vision forward for BCS. As a member of the senior administration team, this director will merge with the entrenched positive momentum for events, major gifts and annual fund participation to ensure the healthy future for philanthropy at one of Canada’s oldest and most distinguished schools.
Reporting to the Head of School the incumbent is directly responsible for designing, implementing, managing and expanding BCS’ philanthropic fundraising strategy. The Director will manage all components of the strategic fundraising plan including major gifts, special events, donor stewardship, planned giving and annual giving.
- Oversee the operations and manage the four other staff members of the Advancement Office
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule alumni activities and special events, including introductory letters and phone calls to set appointments as well as develop and prepare background information by studying files and the appropriate data-management software for visits from alumni
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit and provide stewardship to selected major gift donors and prospects in consultation with the department and in partnership with other departments and employees
- Maintain contact with key individual BCS alumni
- Work with the Head of School to develop the most effective solicitation strategies for each constituent group and prospect to lead to positive long-term philanthropic relationships
- Provide direction for alumni newsletters, invitations and brochures
- Develop new funding opportunities for projects and programs organized and hosted by the BCS Advancement Office
- Work with the Advancement staff on tracking each prospect, ensuring that each moves through the solicitation process with effectiveness and efficiency
- Write specific and individualized proposals for major gift prospects being solicited for significant gifts
- Serve as campaign director and be responsible for the coordination of all activities of the capital campaign
- Liaise with and prepare Terms of Reference and/or Donor Agreements for gifts and naming.
- Create standardized Campaign proposal formats that can be used for routine Campaign solicitations, as well as gift policies to encourage appropriate planned gifts
- Maintain prospect lists, researched and incorporated into the major gift prospect tracking system
- Identify, recruit, train, and lead volunteer fundraisers
- Assist the BCS Boards in development of newsletters, and annual reports
- Be responsible for additional activities as requested by the Head of School.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Applications should include a cover letter, statement of interest and curriculum vitae. We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications must be forwarded by May 6th, 2017 to:
Bishop’s College School
80 Moulton Hill, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1Z8
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.