The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the Annual Fund Appeal process (includes individual and major gifts, corporate partners, foundation, and government support), Spring Gala, capital fundraising, and cultivation events. The Director of Development and Communications identifies and engages donor prospects, cultivates donor relationships, solicits financial support, maintains donor relationships, and manages the Parents Association volunteer base. This individual reports to the Executive Director and works closely under the guidance and direction of the School’s Executive Director and Board of Directors.
This Director of Development and Communications oversees the School’s marketing strategies and external communications including catalog and website design and upkeep, program and event announcements, advertisements, and publications, newsletter(s), and social media sites.
In the two-person office, the Director of Development and Communications manages the Development Associate’s duties and assists this position in the writing and review of all letters of inquiries and grant proposals, as well as oversees all Raiser’s Edge gift entry and donor acknowledgments are completed on a timely basis.
- Provide the strategic leadership to manage all functions of the development department;
- Develop, implement, and continually assess plans to achieve Annual Fund goals through timely and targeted solicitations of individual and major gifts, corporate partners, foundation, and government support avenues;
- Play key role in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors, working with the Executive Director, and the Development Committee of the Board, as appropriate;
- Produce a financially successful and dynamic annual Spring Gala;
- Engage and foster partnerships with current and prospective donors through successful cultivation events;
- Oversee the 150+ volunteers in the Parents Association through fostering a sense of community among families and facilitating communications between parents, caregivers, and the School.
- Oversee research of funding opportunities; evaluate potential sources;
- Develop effective grant proposals;
- Manage fundraising budgets;
- Provide statistical analyses as requested;
- Successfully market the School through oversight and upkeep of the School’s website, program and event announcements, advertisements, school-wide catalog, social media sites, and the production of various annual publications;
- Supervise part-time Development Associate and volunteer network;
- Communicate effectively with the Board and senior staff, to fulfill the overall annual and strategic goals of the School