Director of Development
The development department is driven to strengthen the mission of Carondelet High School by inspiring a culture of philanthropy which will generate revenue, resources, and relationships by showcasing the stories and impacts our school and students have on changing the world.
Under the direction of the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of Development conceptualizes, organizes and implements a comprehensive strategic and sustaining fundraising program with particular emphasis on building strong Annual Giving campaigns that form the base upon which to grow long-term donor and volunteer support. Specifically, the Director of Development is responsible for revenue-generation, event planning, prospecting, gift processing and acknowledgement, reporting, and stewarding donors and volunteers.
- Works with the CAO to provide strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning in the context of growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development and campaign goals of the school.
- Creates Annual Giving campaign strategy and goals.
- Develops calendars and action plans for each campaign initiative, including sponsorship and underwriting programs, grants, special events, etc.
- Establishes forecasts and prepares evaluations of fundraising potential for all strategies and activities by identifying and rating prospects with special attention given to those prospects having the highest potential.
- Directly solicits and closes charitable gifts.
- Assists in the recruitment and orientation of volunteers and solicitors to maximize the number of personal contacts made.
- Directs the production, coordination and implementation of annual giving solicitation, marketing, and volunteer orientation and training materials.
- Directs the production of campaign summaries and management reports by setting priorities for staff and volunteers in order to implement campaign action plans, gauge results and determine future courses of action.
- Delivers fundraising results by initiative and activity on an ongoing basis; ensures outcome of the campaigns through regular communication with the advancement team in order to identify areas of high concern and priority and make adjustments as needed.
- Establishes and services benefits, privileges, recognition, acknowledgements and incentives for donors and volunteers as needed as part of the ongoing donor stewardship process.
- Formulates and executes a communications program supporting annual campaigns.
- Works effectively with Capital Campaign/major gifts team and Alumnae Director to gain strong participation in annual giving and build strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels.
- Coordinates annual giving with reunion campaigns and other specialty constituents, such as trustees and alumni board members, in a sophisticated and effective fashion.
- Manages a prospect pool with annual goals for personal visits and giving outcomes.
- Creates, develops and executes a highly effective and sustainable volunteer component within annual giving.
- Oversees the website presentation and on-going management as it relates to development; creates and sustains online event based registration and online giving.